• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
that’s useful, thanks. What have you got incoming this week?;)
Ahhh

Bourton on Commando in I think Wheat Cavalier (poor website so I took a chance..)
Division Road in a latigo leather...
A Meermin Shinki shell boot...
Grenson Dexter monkey boot (on sale and I like suede and monkeys...)..

thats all I remember ...?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh

Bourton on Commando in I think Wheat Cavalier (poor website so I took a chance..)
Division Road in a latigo leather...
A Meermin Shinki shell boot...
Grenson Dexter monkey boot (on sale and I like suede and monkeys...)..

thats all I remember ...?

How does the Division road work out shipped to UK?

dangerous

Reaction score
g37Hgm9.jpg

Acorn today!

TH3515

Reaction score
## Monkey Boots for sale ##

Just a little heads-up – I put up my Monkey Boots in the B&S thread.
Beautiful, soft calf by Tanneries Haas. Hate to see them go but decided they're too narrow after all. Size 12 UK.

princealbert

Reaction score
I expect a lot of people will be familiar with this shoe lacing site but if you aren't, it's well worth a visit.

Many thanks for this Munky, I wasn’t aware of this site. After taking a look at it I have just re-laced a pair of Crockett and Jones brogues which have poorly aligned facings using the ‘sawtooth’ method. It seems to have improved things significantly.

I had no idea there were so many different possibilities when it comes to laces!

konstantis

Reaction score
My problem with my Bourtons has always been at the other end of the shoes. Each pair slips at the heel a bit - especially my right heel. I can understand the last bit as our feet are not necessarily identical in size. I have realised that, over time, the heels slip less. My theory is that the soles of these shoes are so thick that they need 'bending' quite a bit, over time and thus take a long time to break in.

Also, I have to wear insoles in Bourtons as i sit between two shoes sizes. If you do have to go down the insole route, it is worth noting that they need to be changed for new ones, fairly regularly. I know that purists would tell me that if I need to use insoles, my shoes don't fit. This much is self evident. In my view, the insoles help to make them fit.

My apologies if I have posted most of this before. I am getting to the age when I repeat myself most of the time. I am getting to the age when I repeat myself most of the time. With best wishes, Munky.
I think I found a solution. I have some trees that were a tight the first time I have insert them to my Bourtons. After two days without putting them off the shoes are very comfortable and my big toe does not feel snug any more I think. Also the Bourtons seems to break much more easier than my Meermins Brogues.

konstantis

Reaction score
I'm relatively new here and I'm sure others will chip in but I'm finding so far that Tricker's, although they will break in, take a relatively long time to do so. I've an 8 1/2 Stow that I acquired new a few months ago that fit snug but comfortable from the start and hasn't changed all that much, still snug when I put them on in the morning.
I've a Derby shoe also an 8 1/2 in the 4497 last and is still tight on on the top vamp and my right pinky after weeks of wear and is just starting to be more bearable for extended walks...and to be on the safe side I just recently picked up a new pair of Burfords, same last but a 9UK....these do require a thicker sock but have been super comfortable so far on 10k walks.
For me it's in the width and height that usually needs a bit of breaking in and where shoes normally do stretch, "a little snug in the big toe" might be a little more problematic but as you say "not painful at all" you might be ok but is where you need advice from more experienced Tricker users.
I think I found a solution. I have some shoe trees that were tight the first time I have insert them to my Bourtons. After two days without putting them off the shoes are very comfortable and my big toe does not feel snug any more I think. Also the Bourtons seems to break much more easier than my Meermins Brogues.

Last edited:

alantrickman

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone know what leather/suede type this is and what color they are? Looks like a suede in some pics, but leather in others...black from one angle, navy in another.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 3.11.53 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads