• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Wow, some good stuff at 6pm..........

BTW, 6pm is the outlet division of Zappos. Owned by Amazon.

Thanks for the tip....they have the exact same stock/selection on Amazon.com and will ship to Canada....

but put on absurdly high fees which are half the price of the boots....as if the exchange rate wasn't bad enough..... : ( better off ordering from the UK with free ship. : )
amazon fees.png

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip....they have the exact same stock/selection on Amazon.com and will ship to Canada.... but put on absurdly high fees which are half the price of the boots....as if the exchange rate wasn't bad enough..... : ( better off ordering from the UK with free ship. : )
View attachment 1398847
I had that with Yoox the other week. A friend sent me a pair I’d love. Were £100 more in uk than Germany, both shipped from Italy..riddle me that! Spoke to customer services and they’d not match, they sold. Then this week a pair came up on a different sole, £75 cheaper...madness.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I had that with Yoox the other week....

...madness.

Under normal conditions I'd quite often see Amazon/6PM or others offering the same deals on the Canadian site, without the high shipping and import/handling fees.....but since the "Virus" ....the world has changed......for the foreseeable future at any rate. :rolleyes:

leparrain7

Reaction score
I had that with Yoox the other week. A friend sent me a pair I’d love. Were £100 more in uk than Germany, both shipped from Italy..riddle me that! Spoke to customer services and they’d not match, they sold. Then this week a pair came up on a different sole, £75 cheaper...madness.
for me Yoox is a real mystery!
on all their articles, the prices change according to the country of dispatch, the same article has a different price according to if we connect from France, Germany, Spain et...
we also has brands sold cheaper in France than in other countries and others the opposite, then we have brands not found on the French store and you have to go to the Belgian or Spanish store to find them, it drives you crazy ?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
on all their articles, the prices change according to the country of dispatch, the same article has a different price according to if we connect from France, Germany, Spain et...
we also has brands sold cheaper in France than in other countries and others the opposite, then we have brands not found on the French store and you have to go to the Belgian or Spanish store to find them, it drives you crazy ?
It’s insane, as I understand they are all dispatched via Italy so price variance is a mystery.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Agree, Yoox is insane. I believe they have a US warehouse too. I've had stuff dispatched directly from there before.

LippyLee

Reaction score
And their prices can be phenomenally low. I bought a pair of acorn stow from someone on eBay at well below Trickers sale prices. New, boxed, dust covers and everything. I the box was an invoice for them from YOOX for £138. Never seen them myself on there at that sort of money, but I keep checking back nonetheless.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
I've decided to curb my current spending and hold off until the fall but it is sad to what looks like a good deal turn into a so so one after currency exchanges and fees.
In this case more than 100% increase buying US from Canada :confused2:
Amazon.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads