• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
the winter smoke are posted above, and I have your same Shale suede on natural welt with leather, arriving Friday. Now here’s hoping I don’t spill coffee on thr lighter colored shale suede! ?
They’re scotch guarded leather by CF Stead called Repello suede. That said some people treat anyway to be doubly sure. If you google shale suede an American retailer has some on a white Christy sole which kinda confirms my theory re outlet shoes using up leather. They’re stunners.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Well, here they are; my first pair of Tricker’s arrived via the Outlet sale over the weekend. My concern about whether they fit, disappeared as soon as my first foot slid in. After lacing them up, I have to say that they’re almost like a bespoke boot in the way they fit. The heel cup cradles my heel like no other, the width is ideal and the length is perfect. While I commented when I ordered here that these I’m hoping to be the best pair of boots I ever spent 195 quid on, with the quality and fit, these are worth full price and beyond in my eyes. Couldn’t be more happy and I like the color and dual-color scheme of gray and black. Should look very smart with black casual pants.

On Zippy’s advice on sizing, I went ahead and ordered the Shale suede with leather sole during the sale too, which should arrive on Friday. Now that I’ve tried these on, I’m glad I did, and thanks to Zippy for the urging. Now to find a good suede spray protector since I’m often in Seattle visiting my two tech clients, and can’t allow him to be the only person there clad in stylish Stows! ?

View attachment 1396304 View attachment 1396305 View attachment 1396306 View attachment 1396307 View attachment 1396308
Missed that fella, yup they are repello too. Lovely first (of many) pair.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
@Phoenician
B5EEA91D-9E32-4BA1-9A3A-79A5796E5D6F.jpeg

noverbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the Bourtons in caramel kudu? I've seen pictures of them here on Robinson's Shoes but they appear darker than most other models. I was told this was due to the broguing.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Caramel is very subjective to the light they were pictured in and even the burnishing per batch. See my pic above of the Grasmere. I’ve caramel in Stow and Woodstock. All are slightly lighter or darker..

noverbeck

Reaction score
Absolutely, it seems to be a chameleon of a color. Very nice boots. I wonder if they meant these Bourtons with broguing have more burnishing and would appear darker than your Grasmere picture. I think I still may pick them up, they seem a steal.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Absolutely, it seems to be a chameleon of a color. Very nice boots. I wonder if they meant these Bourtons with broguing have more burnishing and would appear darker than your Grasmere picture. I think I still may pick them up, they seem a steal.
You can always play about with burnishing..

my mate got a Stow which was far blonder (for want of a better word) around the toe, which initially he wasn’t keen on, but won’t take em off now!

Great colour with denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads