• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

dangerous

Reaction score
Anyone got experience of how MC leather ages? My buddys Stows arrived, but they were darker than he expected. He want them to become a bit lighter, and IDK if they wear like tea core where the patina basically becomes lighter from wear.

krspdla

Reaction score
Could the members advise me how is the quality of Trickers Outlet shoes ? Is the quality the same as full prices models ? Thanks.

My experience having purchased 3 pairs from the outlet:

1) Trickers Sussex (captoe oxford) - had a 2mm dent in the toebox where the leather was chipped. Trickers offered a replacement pair since the aesthetic defect was in such a prominent area.
2) Trickers Ethan - perfect condition, no visible flaws
3) Tricker Stow - both boots had multiple strange horizontal indentations on the shafts of the boots. Not something I'd expect from first quality, but since the shaft would develop ankle rolls anyway, I decided to keep them.

So 2/3 pairs I received had aesthetic issues that would question selling them as factory firsts. Quality-wise in terms of construction and materials though, they are absolutely on par with Trickers firsts.

konstantis

Reaction score
My experience having purchased 3 pairs from the outlet:

1) Trickers Sussex (captoe oxford) - had a 2mm dent in the toebox where the leather was chipped. Trickers offered a replacement pair since the aesthetic defect was in such a prominent area.
2) Trickers Ethan - perfect condition, no visible flaws
3) Tricker Stow - both boots had multiple strange horizontal indentations on the shafts of the boots. Not something I'd expect from first quality, but since the shaft would develop ankle rolls anyway, I decided to keep them.

So 2/3 pairs I received had aesthetic issues that would question selling them as factory firsts. Quality-wise in terms of construction and materials though, they are absolutely on par with Trickers firsts.
Thank you sir. I was thinking of this one but I don’t know what is Sofftee Grain leather and how it compares to the standard leather of Bourtons. Also I don’t know how the Mahogany colour is in reality. Trickers customer advised me that they are a full grain leather. It will be my first pair of Bourtons , so excuse me for all my concerns. Thanks.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I was thinking of this one but I don’t know what is Sofftee Grain leather and how it compares to the standard leather of Bourtons. Also I don’t know how the Mahogany colour is in reality. Trickers customer advised me that they are a full grain leather. It will be my first pair of Bourtons , so excuse me for all my concerns. Thanks.

Softee grain is great. I recommend it. If those had natural welt/edge I would have bought them.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Well, here they are; my first pair of Tricker’s arrived via the Outlet sale over the weekend. My concern about whether they fit, disappeared as soon as my first foot slid in. After lacing them up, I have to say that they’re almost like a bespoke boot in the way they fit. The heel cup cradles my heel like no other, the width is ideal and the length is perfect. While I commented when I ordered here that these I’m hoping to be the best pair of boots I ever spent 195 quid on, with the quality and fit, these are worth full price and beyond in my eyes. Couldn’t be more happy and I like the color and dual-color scheme of gray and black. Should look very smart with black casual pants.

On Zippy’s advice on sizing, I went ahead and ordered the Shale suede with leather sole during the sale too, which should arrive on Friday. Now that I’ve tried these on, I’m glad I did, and thanks to Zippy for the urging. Now to find a good suede spray protector since I’m often in Seattle visiting my two tech clients, and can’t allow him to be the only person there clad in stylish Stows! ?

4C93A5EE-ABA1-4B67-8C2C-8A71A1195615.jpeg
5B8FCA16-C656-49BF-B71A-CF17F8619290.jpeg
ACE9245C-6C69-49CF-ABA2-6E350D9D8FDD.jpeg
85710B50-470A-49B2-A0A1-4E8DC190D56F.jpeg
B75F18E2-2E38-4A79-9E58-4A71D57D3FA6.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@Phoenician I'm glad the sizing worked out for you and happy to have been an enabler. You've been on a boot buying spree. I saw those C&J for BB you picked up.

Phoenician

Reaction score
@Phoenician I'm glad the sizing worked out for you and happy to have been an enabler. You've been on a boot buying spree. I saw those C&J for BB you picked up.

I appreciate your sage advice! I have indeed; I recently sold a whole slew of Allen Edmonds dress shoes I haven’t worn in years on eBay, and used that to fund the CJ shell boots and these two pair of Stows from the outlet. Nice to clean the closet of what I’m not wearing, while getting three primo boots that are attractive and I’ll wear often with the proceeds

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I appreciate your sage advice! I have indeed; I recently sold a whole slew of Allen Edmonds dress shoes I haven’t worn in years on eBay, and used that to fund the CJ shell boots and these two pair of Stows from the outlet. Nice to clean the closet of what I’m not wearing, while getting three primo boots that are attractive and I’ll wear often with the proceeds
That’s the spirit sir! When are Stow landing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads