• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll mainly wear these with jeans, it gives a nice casual look. The suede ones seem to match this type of sole a bit better in my opinion. I might swap the soles eventually, we'll see!

Denim was my thinking and I wear denim a lot. If I were to go ahead I think that would be my plan, wear the wedge out and replace rather than replace immediately.

I prefer the division road makeup but sold out in my size and shipping plus duty would make them pricey.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the wedge soles look quite thick/platform off the foot but not as much so when worn. Could be wrong!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Why did you change to bar lacing, Crafty? I recently changed to criss cross after working through the lace page run by Mr Figis. Best wishes, Munky
Just looked dressier, not a particularly dressy boot but..

I always criss crossed but all my boots are bar laced now, prefer the look for some reason.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Suede Bourton for dog walks tonight..
E72E1FD5-3D07-435F-9E71-F7173CEAD945.jpeg

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I'll mainly wear these with jeans, it gives a nice casual look. The suede ones seem to match this type of sole a bit better in my opinion. I might swap the soles eventually, we'll see!
Exactly agree on the ridge suede and white vibram sole combo. Perfect casual look to go with slim fit jeans. I need these boots.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my Stows.

Left to right, front to back.
Stow, Stow.
Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow.
Stow, Stow, Stow, Not Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow.

Burgundy cordovan, orange cordovan (might be Maltons).
Earth green suede, cavalier, scotch grain, hatch, black Junya, grain, navy, kudu.
Suede (could be Maltons), acorn, suede, lollipop, grey, nubuck I think, green.

Actually I think a couple of those were sold as Maltons. And one of them is actually a Not Stow on the 2298.

View attachment 1393883 View attachment 1393884

And Stubby Stows aka the Jimmy. Scotch grain and walnut cordovan.
View attachment 1393885

I am impressed, congratulations sir!

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeling ambitious, so I wrangled more.

Punch caps.
Junya camo, Todd Snyder snuff suede, I think Junya navy, burgundy cordovan, lollipop cavalier, coffee burnished.
Yoda boot (cispresso cordovan), the Crafty in cuba waxy, Junya acorn.
View attachment 1394473

Plain toes.
Boorman, maron burford, Todd Snyder Stephan in kudu, brown suede, cuba waxy, burford, coffee burnished.
190 Anniversary in black and brown.
View attachment 1394474

Plain cap toes.
Terra cotta cordovan, brown cordovan, teak cordovan, orange cordovan, orange cordovan, pewter cordovan.
Grey calf, brown grain, acorn service boot, softee grain, oceano cordovan, navy cordovan.
Black grain Calvert, kudu Gras(s)mere.
View attachment 1394475

Zippyh, you are the man!:slayer::slayer::slayer:

princealbert

Reaction score
Great boots. I really like the Ridge on these. Tricker's shows all sizes in both colors but skips from 10 to 12. I need the 11s of course. No can do right now.

there’s a pair in peanut uk size 11 on sale here -https://arthurknight.com/trickers-monkey-boots-ethan-peanut-suede.html

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Thought I may have lucked out....but actually sold out....mind you seeing this Canadian price minus another 15% .....less than 2 pairs for the price of one.....hhhhhmmmm.....not familiar with Ends though....do they have these sales often?
-15%.png
....rule of thumb....never buy anything on sale that you wouldn't pay full price for. ;)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics