• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just assumed Polo was dark brown....?????

Saw your comment here.

"There seems to be a huge variance between ‘batches’ of kudu leather. I’ve some polo captoe boots in polo which are pure brown and I’ve some sign (burgundy) stow’s which look very much like yours."

Polo?
View attachment 1395073

So many variations on these Kudu ...Sign, Caramel, Burgundy.....they are all quite beautiful but would like a dark brown Polo, similar to these Grassmere Kudu Polo (still a nice touch of Burgundy).

View attachment 1395098

.... maybe need to contact the retailers to see if they can peek in the box. : )

It’s supposed to be a deep brown with reddish undertones but can be more into the red side. That said I’ve sign that appears blacker...

not helping here...

??

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Pretty accurate polo pic.
EB3EC898-51B1-477B-BA7D-405F05D49CCB.jpeg

dangerous

Reaction score
I can take a picture of my polo pair tomorrow after I picked them up from the cobbler. New heel. It feels like Tricker's heels wear quite fast compared to many other footwear I own... or maybe I just wear my Tricker's a lot more than I wear my other stuff?

RKILLY67

Reaction score
Feeling ambitious, so I wrangled more.

Punch caps.
Junya camo, Todd Snyder snuff suede, I think Junya navy, burgundy cordovan, lollipop cavalier, coffee burnished.
Yoda boot (cispresso cordovan), the Crafty in cuba waxy, Junya acorn.
View attachment 1394473

Plain toes.
Boorman, maron burford, Todd Snyder Stephan in kudu, brown suede, cuba waxy, burford, coffee burnished.
190 Anniversary in black and brown.
View attachment 1394474

Plain cap toes.
Terra cotta cordovan, brown cordovan, teak cordovan, orange cordovan, orange cordovan, pewter cordovan.
Grey calf, brown grain, acorn service boot, softee grain, oceano cordovan, navy cordovan.
Black grain Calvert, kudu Gras(s)mere.
View attachment 1394475
when my wife complains of my shoe collection I always enjoy showing her posts like this to make me seem not as bad! A lovely collection sir

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Monkey madness. I had wrangled these and was about to go out to take pics when the yard guy showed up so I made a hasty retreat until he was done.

Monkeys boots and a shoe. Cispresso cordova, lollipop cavalier, wheat cavalier, brown cavalier, snuff suede, tan suede.
ovNcr1OpS8qsWQp9TSPgPQ.jpg

dangerous

Reaction score
Cipresso cordovan on natural welt is the ****. Damn. I'm kind of jealous of your collection, but at the same time I'm pretty damn proud I'm not that deep into the Tricker's rabbit hole.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Monkey madness. I had wrangled these and was about to go out to take pics when the yard guy showed up so I made a hasty retreat until he was done.

Monkeys boots and a shoe. Cispresso cordova, lollipop cavalier, wheat cavalier, brown cavalier, snuff suede, tan suede.
View attachment 1395304
Gutted I didn’t get the wheat. Nearly had a Bourton this week but for Yoox adding a hundred English pounds on to other countries prices!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads