• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OK so i can polish with wax then? Will the softness of the unlined leather not make the wax crack?
I paid 139.99 gbp from the tkmaxx website.

Polish the hell out of them if you want. But if wax cracking is a problem, you're using way too much polish.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Shale suede Stow arrived..?
View attachment 1393633

yay! There they are, nice score! That was the other pair I want from the outlet. My gray pair is due to arrive from the UK on Tuesday, assuming the Stows fit bring my first, and my size in this shale suede are still available, these beauties will be US bound as well. Thanks for posting these, they even look better there than on the website

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yay! There they are, nice score! That was the other pair I want from the outlet. My gray pair is due to arrive from the UK on Tuesday, assuming the Stows fit bring my first, and my size in this shale suede are still available, these beauties will be US bound as well. Thanks for posting these, they even look better there than on the website

The sale ends before Tuesday though.

Phoenician

Reaction score
The sale ends before Tuesday though.
Ugh, thanks. May have to just gamble that the last in the Stow is a full size down, that I need, (i.e. 12US/11UK) and not the half size they show on their website for all their lasts

Trusar

Reaction score
thank you for your return, unfortunately for me TK-max does not deliver to europe ☹

since I learned this new promo, I have flashed on these Stow suede and also the Robert suede also
Tricker's outlet website ships outside the UK, you can get shoes there for 200 gbp which is around half price.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Most of my Stows.

Left to right, front to back.
Stow, Stow.
Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow.
Stow, Stow, Stow, Not Stow, Stow, Stow, Stow.

Burgundy cordovan, orange cordovan (might be Maltons).
Earth green suede, cavalier, scotch grain, hatch, black Junya, grain, navy, kudu.
Suede (could be Maltons), acorn, suede, lollipop, grey, nubuck I think, green.

Actually I think a couple of those were sold as Maltons. And one of them is actually a Not Stow on the 2298.

qQV9Z9AHShKnbi98eEuT2w.jpg
6Sg6usjGSkiZ8x1peSHgoA.jpg

And Stubby Stows aka the Jimmy. Scotch grain and walnut cordovan.
D_fajpKrTwOFE6GQf-yATQ.jpg

leparrain7

Reaction score
That's a shame, I've seen, cheaney as well as trickers in tkmaxx
Actually it's just the left foot which is a weird fit, the right foot is ok
I used the Alfasant site to deliver my purchases on the English sites which do not deliver outside the UK, but this site does not function any more, does somebody know another alternative site?
Tricker's outlet website ships outside the UK, you can get shoes there for 200 gbp which is around half price.
yes i know thank you very much for your message

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh, thanks. May have to just gamble that the last in the Stow is a full size down, that I need, (i.e. 12US/11UK) and not the half size they show on their website for all their lasts

I think a full size delta is pretty safe.

Also, you've already gambled once with the pair on the way. I don't think it'll cost too much more to send back two pairs in one package versus the singe pair. It costs me about $45 to send one pair back via USPS a couple years ago. Fedex/UPS international is going to cost a whole lot more.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
A style question (!) Do you think it is reasonable to wear my Boughtons ( bright red, mid green, Kudu and navy blue ones), with Levi's, in the summer, in the UK? Kind regards, Munky

Pam ydych chi bob amser yn ysgrifennu rahther 'boughton' na 'Bourton'?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my Stows.

Stow, Stow.

Earth green suede, cavalier, scotch grain, hatch, black Junya, grain, navy, kudu.

Actually I think a couple of those were sold as Maltons. And one of them is actually a Not Stow on the 2298.

View attachment 1393883 View attachment 1393884

View attachment 1393885

You like a Stow don’t you? Can’t blame you!

That walnut cordovan looks amazing! They need to bring that back

Phoenician

Reaction score
I think a full size delta is pretty safe.

Also, you've already gambled once with the pair on the way. I don't think it'll cost too much more to send back two pairs in one package versus the singe pair. It costs me about $45 to send one pair back via USPS a couple years ago. Fedex/UPS international is going to cost a whole lot more.

there you go using logic again! ? I see your point and agree, just placed the order for the lovely shale suede with natural welt and leather sole like Crafty posted. Heck, for that price, I’m sure I could even break even at least on eBay or here if they don’t fit and I decide not to hassle with a return

Phoenician

Reaction score
Most of my Stows.

Stow, Stow.

View attachment 1393883 View attachment 1393884

View attachment 1393885

love the collection, that certainly took time and dedication! The one thing that I always think about when I see a collection of the same model, and I’d like to hear you comment on, is if there were any surprises with this bunch? Did you find any that didn’t fit properly like all the rest, did you find one color that you loved in theory, but found it doesn’t match with what you wear, and now it just sits in the closet more than you thought it would? Also, since you seem to have the range of leather, do you have a favorite type of leather for the Stow?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads