• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mallaig

Reaction score
Wet day. Great reason to take out the new Sign Kudu Bourtons. Everyone should own a pair of these. Just fantastic.

IMG_1063.jpeg
DSC_4551.jpeg

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Now that I've got the Tricker's bug ( I know bad joke, non intentional ).. thinking instead of another boot with Spring/Summer coming (we hope) maybe a shoe would be worth looking at.
Just received the second addition to my Tricker's collection, grabbed these just before things got into crisis here in Toronto and non essentials were asked to closed down, so a little post indulgence but was something to look forward to......thank you Canada Post....: )
Same fit as my Stows...the cap toe and the natural welt make for a more casual looking shoe than a full brogue ..... and just in time for the fairer weather, if we're allowed out. : (
IMG_7922.jpg IMG_7924.jpg IMG_7925.jpg IMG_7926.jpg IMG_7940.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just received the second addition to my Tricker's collection, grabbed these just before things got into crisis here in Toronto and non essentials were asked to closed down, so a little post indulgence but was something to look forward to......thank you Canada Post....: )
Same fit as my Stows...the cap toe and the natural welt make for a more casual looking shoe than a full brogue ..... and just in time for the fairer weather, if we're allowed out. : (
View attachment 1366883 View attachment 1366884 View attachment 1366885 View attachment 1366886 View attachment 1366889
Love those. The MC leather is brilliant. My Bourton today same leather type and super comfortable.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Couple of wishful thinkers from the outlet in my cart..... :rolleyes: ........but no Burfords in espresso available........ maybe come fall. The Olivia Deerskin Winston Chukka might see the most use.....will just have to check my the piggy bank funds for non essential items. : (
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 2.04.53 PM.png

ashellfan

Reaction score
Couple of wishful thinkers from the outlet in my cart..... :rolleyes: ........but no Burfords in espresso available........ maybe come fall. The Olivia Deerskin Winston Chukka might see the most use.....will just have to check my the piggy bank funds for non essential items. : (
View attachment 1368001
Try A Fine Pair of Shoes Sales webpage. Limited choice but some good deals there due to the additional 20% at checkout.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Try A Fine Pair of Shoes Sales webpage. Limited choice but some good deals there due to the additional 20% at checkout.
Prior to the current sale I picked up my Stows from them....unfortunately or fortunetly (lol) any of those I currently have interest in are sold out in my size. : (
....but as my younger brother always says..."never buy any thing on sale you wouldn't pay full price for" : )

Last edited:

Travis H

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt. But I have some questions about the monkey boots I ordered.
I recently ordered a pair of monkey boots (M6087) on a Japanese online store. Should I be worried about the genuineness of these boots? Because there are some issues that I found. Such as there's some brown paint on the sole and some white paint on the welt. The printing on the insole looks kind of blurry. And there's no number on the Dainite heel. Here's a Google drive link to the photos.
I am kind of worried since I only found the M6087 monkey boots on some Japanese online stores. Or maybe it's just poor quality?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt. But I have some questions about the monkey boots I ordered.
I recently ordered a pair of monkey boots (M6087) on a Japanese online store. Should I be worried about the genuineness of these boots? Because there are some issues that I found. Such as there's some brown paint on the sole and some white paint on the welt. The printing on the insole looks kind of blurry. And there's no number on the Dainite heel. Here's a Google drive link to the photos.
I am kind of worried since I only found the M6087 monkey boots on some Japanese online stores. Or maybe it's just poor quality?
Impossible to tell as no images come up.

what I will say is the monkey boots are far more popular in Asia so sometimes trickers will make specific models on specific lasts for that demographic. Sometimes they appear here on the outlet or via secondary sellers but quite rare in reality.
If you have a smart phone you can easily add pictures via the attach files function below.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Should I be worried about the genuineness of these boots?

I have bought numerous Tricker's boots and shoes over many years from different outlets and the monkey boots look absolutely genuine to me.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt.............
. Such as there's some brown paint on the sole .........
I'm more or less a newbie here but it does indeed look like the welt was obviously just painted post manufacturing (sloppy clean up job though)...as for the heel numbering?....but they're most likely legit
....if you like them and they fit that's all that matters IMHO. : )
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.28.40 AM.png

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm more or less a newbie here but it does indeed look like the welt was obviously just painted post manufacturing (sloppy clean up job though)...as for the heel numbering?....but they're most likely legit
....if you like them and they fit that's all that matters IMHO. : )
View attachment 1368267
Literally first time those hit tarmac that’ll go..

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah those look genuine to me too. I have a pair of Monkey boots purchased from the outlet. They don't have dainite heel size markings on them either.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those look genuine to me too. I have a pair of Monkey boots purchased from the outlet. They don't have dainite heel size markings on them either.

Do Trickers use actual Dainite? Mine came with the itshide version of the same sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads