• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
The Stows are breaking in wonderfully, a 2 hr walk or 12,000 steps while social distancing the other night and no foot problems at all....
IMG_7853.jpg
As many have one foot slightly different than the other, my right is a 1/2 size larger, I've found besides using a thicker sock or doubling up, using my Blundstone inserts or the thinnest available Dr Scholl's take up the extra slack quite nicely, and can be taken out if need be, later in the day if experiencing foot swelling.
IMG_7850.jpg
IMG_7851.jpg

Last edited:

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Have followed the government advice and been on a form of lockdown since returning from Scotland a week and a half ago as my daughter is an “at risk” case . Tbh , hasn’t changed much for me , lol .

It will pass , life will continue and I suspect we will come through this for the better ? .

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Prior to this morning’s walk .
D5E57BB0-2527-4A25-8A45-6A3B45D463DA.jpeg
When we are over this , think I will treat myself to a new pair of something . I’d considered veldtschoen again but ruled any models available out . Possibly another pair of Grasmere but modified , flat welt / speed hooks and dainite sole maybe in black .

rob80bboots

Reaction score
When we are over this , think I will treat myself to a new pair of something .........Possibly another pair of Grasmere but modified , flat welt / speed hooks and dainite sole maybe in black .

We are all looking forward to a post apocalyptic purchase, I'm eyeing a pair of Burfords in Espresso but your Grassmeres (if I'm correct) could also be an option.....color?

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
We are all looking forward to a post apocalyptic purchase, I'm eyeing a pair of Burfords in Espresso but your Grassmeres (if I'm correct) could also be an option.....color?

They are brown zug with a double leather sole mod by Trickers. The light in the above pic is poor . Pic attached shows the colour better and my youngest cat chewing the laces ?.
8521DC2D-C6F9-48BD-966C-A8B602C2BF84.jpeg

Last edited:

rob80bboots

Reaction score
They are brown zug with a double leather sole mod by Trickers. The light in the above pic is poor . Pic attached shows the colour better and my youngest cat chewing the laces ?.

Very nice....definitely an option : )

princealbert

Reaction score
Prior to this morning’s walk .
View attachment 1360762
When we are over this , think I will treat myself to a new pair of something . I’d considered veldtschoen again but ruled any models available out . Possibly another pair of Grasmere but modified , flat welt / speed hooks and dainite sole maybe in black .

there’s a seller on eBay who has severalAlfred Sargent Selkirk veldtshoens for sale in case it’s of interest.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, there’s a few options I’m considering but only after things have settled.

Torn between a suede desert boot/Chukka, a plain toe derby/blucher possibly in shell or if not calf. (Maybe Trickers Bobby)

Also have liked the C&J Pembroke for a long time so that’s something I need to check off at some point although I have a few brogues.

I like Cheaney Cairngorms but have two pairs of veldt boots and wonder if a veldt shoe is really necessary.
Decisions decisions ?

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
there’s a seller on eBay who has severalAlfred Sargent Selkirk veldtshoens for sale in case it’s of interest.

I owned Sargent veldts (Selkirk) a while back , nice profile but leather blackened when scuffed and I wouldn’t take a chance again on them . Trickers zug is top notch , ages beautifully .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads