• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Went to visit the Division Road folk in Seattle today. They are pushing Trickers to make some boots for them on a “Frankenstein-last” that is width 5 at the front and width 4 at the back. This would be huge for those with narrower feet; like me.
Plus you didn’t get rained on today.

Mallaig

Reaction score
Plus you didn’t get rained on today.
It was a gorgeous day

1BE63D19-4BD9-471A-AA61-AA163291DDE6.jpeg

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
Went to visit the Division Road folk in Seattle today. They are pushing Trickers to make some boots for them on a “Frankenstein-last” that is width 5 at the front and width 4 at the back. This would be huge for those with narrower feet; like me.

Division Road has some of the best overall makeups for all the brands they collaborate with. That boot sounds interesting to me as a Seattle native!

Mallaig

Reaction score
This is a long shot ... I have the Cuba Waxy Eatons in UK8.5. I really should have ordered them in UK8. Is there anyone with a pair in UK8 that wishes they had UK8.5 ? If so, I'm looking to trade.

Metrosey

Reaction score

Division Road has some of the best overall makeups for all the brands they collaborate with. That boot sounds interesting to me as a Seattle native!

I sometimes drawl over the Division Road creations.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sometimes drawl over the Division Road creations.
Your post made me take a gander. You do have to ask the question, why are the Viberg so much more expensive than Tricker’s? Are they that much better? Or are they just more of a brand name? I think they are even more expensive than Crockett & Jones, Church’s and Alden.

emidyl

Reaction score
Your post made me take a gander. You do have to ask the question, why are the Viberg so much more expensive than Tricker’s? Are they that much better? Or are they just more of a brand name? I think they are even more expensive than Crockett & Jones, Church’s and Alden.

you could argue that point about pretty much anything really, from Japanese denim to cars. Branding is all it really is, and how they want to position themselves within their core market. I gotta draw the line on $1700CND shell though, and the occasional misstep in QC. My recent Shell Trickers were probably some of the best made shoes I've received.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Branding imo. I find Trickers has better finishing and qc than Viberg (and Alden to). In fact, other than the wider selection of lasts that Viberg has, I can't think of any good reasons to buy Viberg over Trickers.

Metrosey

Reaction score

I’m not sure really, perhaps it’s just the case of brand name and public opinion in the US causing it to be valued higher. I personally don’t know if they are better because I’ve never had or touched a Viberg boot, however, I’d only expect to see a small difference in quality (if at all). Vibergs are more expensive than the other examples you listed, with the average price for boots being $720 for full gain/suede and $1080 for cordovan.

At the same time, John Lobb are another massive step up priced at £1000-£1500 for non-cordovan boots.

I’d honestly say Vibergs, Crocket and John’s and Tricker’s were all on the same level in terms of quality, but that’s an opinion formed through reading several comments since I joined Styleforum rather than first hand. Meanwhile perhaps someone could tell me why John Lobb is so expensive? Are the boots finished with dragon fire? I jest but would honestly like to know the differences in construction, finishing or perhaps even customer service. The price range of £1000-£1500 for John Lobb is the same price as Tricker’s bespoke if I’m remembering correctly.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Branding imo. I find Trickers has better finishing and qc than Viberg (and Alden to). In fact, other than the wider selection of lasts that Viberg has, I can't think of any good reasons to buy Viberg over Trickers.

I think Tricker’s have valued themselves really well on the market, they could charge more, but please don’t haha. I think the regular sales also make for an amazing buy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads