• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
So double leather sole, Ridgeway with no heel. Any worn photos Crafty?
It did come with ridgeway heels, those are transformation pics. On foot..

Attachments

• C91ABFC9-4FB4-4BC8-B7C3-A510EEEF16F4.jpeg
    C91ABFC9-4FB4-4BC8-B7C3-A510EEEF16F4.jpeg
    624.5 KB · Views: 97

Pedlar

Reaction score
Very nice, what colour is that?
You know, I’m not positive I know the answer. The seller described them as brown, I think. I’ve thought they were marron.....but Trickers colors are a bit mysterious to me still.

Here are a few more definitely identified shades for comparison — starting with the (possible) marron at right and going clockwise, there’s polo kudu, brown hatch grain, and brown zug.

3039D573-7F17-4884-B41F-3BFEC2B74674.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I’m not positive I know the answer. The seller described them as brown, I think. I’ve thought they were marron.....but Trickers colors are a bit mysterious to me still.

Here are a few more definitely identified shades for comparison — starting with the (possible) marron at right and going clockwise, there’s polo kudu, brown hatch grain, and brown zug.

View attachment 1340323

I'm almost certain that's Marron

FondDeJante

Reaction score

View attachment 1340323

Thanks @Pedlar - I guessed Marron or Mocassin

Really interesting to see them next to the other colours too

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Shot of my humble Tricker’s Woodstock in ridge kudu suede on crepe sole

How are those crepe soles holding up? I get about a year and a half out of the soles on Clark's desert boots before they disintegrate.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are those crepe soles holding up? I get about a year and a half out of the soles on Clark's desert boots before they disintegrate.
There’s hardly a dent in them. The idea was to get them immediately resoled. Then I decided to give the crepe sole a chance. Bought in August 2018, I have been wearing them one day a week since the beginning of 2019. If I continue like this, I can see them lasting until 2022 before they would need a resole. I would resole with either a dainite or ridgeway.

With all the shoes you have, I’m surprised you would wear those Clark’s more than once per month. If they are only lasting you 18 months, they can’t be too good. If I were to buy a pair of suede desert boots with a crepe sole I would opt for the Ryder by Church’s. However, I would be inclined to opt for a dainite or ridgeway. ?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s hardly a dent in them. The idea was to get them immediately resoled. Then I decided to give the crepe sole a chance. Bought in August 2018, I have been wearing them one day a week since the beginning of 2019. If I continue like this, I can see them lasting until 2022 before they would need a resole. I would resole with either a dainite or ridgeway.

With all the shoes you have, I’m surprised you would wear those Clark’s more than once per month. If they are only lasting you 18 months, they can’t be too good. If I were to buy a pair of suede desert boots with a crepe sole I would opt for the Ryder by Church’s. However, I would be inclined to opt for a dainite or ridgeway. ?

That seems impressive longevity for the crepe sole.

Something about Tricker's desert boot doesn't look quite right to me.

I find the idea of a crepe sole appealing as a softer alternative to my sturdy footwear.

I quite like the new Daniel Tramping shoe, not too dissimilar to the Woodstock in kudu suede.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems impressive longevity for the crepe sole.

Something about Tricker's desert boot doesn't look quite right to me.

I find the idea of a crepe sole appealing as a softer alternative to my sturdy footwear.

I quite like the new Daniel Tramping shoe, not too dissimilar to the Woodstock in kudu suede.
The Daniel looks good. I would consider it in peanut if I saw it on sale and I was in the market.

Unfortunately Tricker’s didn’t get it right with the Monty. I thought it looked good, but it kept slipping off my feet. I just want shoes to look good, fit well and I can forget about them. ?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Daniel looks good. I would consider it in peanut if I saw it on sale and I was in the market.

Unfortunately Tricker’s didn’t get it right with the Monty. I thought it looked good, but it kept slipping off my feet. I just want shoes to look good, fit well and I can forget about them. ?

Yes I think peanut was the colour I liked. Fingers crossed for the sales....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads