• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Good to hear! They look really nicely made.

Have you worn them with denim?
I have mate. They look good. Here they are today with duck canvas

Attachments

• 8C2EB569-12B8-47F2-B418-7A3C9E91AC70.jpeg
    8C2EB569-12B8-47F2-B418-7A3C9E91AC70.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 83

Opethian

Reaction score
Hello SF.
I am new here as you can tell, wanted to ask your opinion about dianite soles on Trickers stow boots, I am not a big fan of dianite myself.
What do you think is the best soles on these lovely boots?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hello SF.
I am new here as you can tell, wanted to ask your opinion about dianite soles on Trickers stow boots, I am not a big fan of dianite myself.
What do you think is the best soles on these lovely boots?
Welcome.
I have many Dainite but if I were pushed I’d say Ridgeway which isn’t usually available
on over the counter Trickers but can be specified as a made to order boot or if you are having a boot resoled. Costs circa £80 for a full resole at Shoe Healer in uk for example. Commando soles are quite comfortable and slightly more available over the counter.

Opethian

Reaction score
Welcome.
I have many Dainite but if I were pushed I’d say Ridgeway which isn’t usually available
on over the counter Trickers but can be specified as a made to order boot or if you are having a boot resoled. Costs circa £80 for a full resole at Shoe Healer in uk for example. Commando soles are quite comfortable and slightly more available over the counter.
Thanks for your input.
I am asking because in the UK AFPOS have some Dianite soled stows on deep discount and I was contemplating pulling the trigger.
I however, prefer commando soles and have never owned any dianite.
So my question to you is how do they do in different weather conditions? Comfort? And longevity vs say commando or even regular leather soles.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.
I am asking because in the UK AFPOS have some Dianite soled stows on deep discount and I was contemplating pulling the trigger.
So my question to you is how do they do in different weather conditions? Comfort? And longevity vs say commando or even regular leather soles.
Longevity they will outlast commando, weather wise I live in a cold wet place and have no issues with them (others disagree), comfort is the issue. A bit hard compared to commando.

mid on deep discount and you don’t care for it know that for £80 you can have whatever sole
you like. I’m getting a pair of Ethan on sale and having sole ripped straight off!

Opethian

Reaction score
Congrats in advance.
I am currently in Dubai but moving back to Canada end of this year so expect freezing weather

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.

I like dainite. They're better than leather soles in wet conditions in terms of grip and wear. Comfort is probably about the same. They're pretty terrible in icy conditions but no more so than leather.

If you're looking at the book binder Stows from AFPOS I would strongly urge you to avoid them. The others are fine.

Opethian

Reaction score
I like dainite. They're better than leather soles in wet conditions in terms of grip and wear. Comfort is probably about the same. They're pretty terrible in icy conditions but no more so than leather.

If you're looking at the book binder Stows from AFPOS I would strongly urge you to avoid them. The others are fine.
Thanks for the advice.. I will try to keep to commando sole then.
I was looking at the calf ones to be honest, but the dianite kept me from pulling the trigger

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats in advance.
I am currently in Dubai but moving back to Canada end of this year so expect freezing weather

Dainite soles are absolutely fine but then if you are moving back to Canada then possibly not the best choice for ice and snow.

I have 2 pairs on commando soles, one being a stow and I have a Bourton on Dainite and definitely find the commando has slightly more cushion. Slightly!

Commando picks up a lot of dirt/snow/stones though which can be irritating. Dainite sheds dirt a lot better. I ended up trudging through some mud in my Dainite soled Coniston’s the other day after a track I was walking was flooded across its full width and by the time I got home my soles were mud free.

it was a case of walk through the mud/water or turn around and make a big detour so I just went through it!

Opethian

Reaction score
Dainite soles are absolutely fine but then if you are moving back to Canada then possibly not the best choice for ice and snow.

I have 2 pairs on commando soles, one being a stow and I have a Bourton on Dainite and definitely find the commando has slightly more cushion. Slightly!

Commando picks up a lot of dirt/snow/stones though which can be irritating. Dainite sheds dirt a lot better. I ended up trudging through some mud in my Dainite soled Coniston’s the other day after a track I was walking was flooded across its full width and by the time I got home my soles were mud free.

it was a case of walk through the mud/water or turn around and make a big detour so I just went through it!
After 8 years in Dubai, I forgot about rain and mud!
Well when it rains it pours here but it's mainly artificial rain so we know beforehand and get ready with proper shoes.
I think I'll pass on these dianite soles for now

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
After 8 years in Dubai, I forgot about rain and mud!
Well when it rains it pours here but it's mainly artificial rain so we know beforehand and get ready with proper shoes.
I think I'll pass on these dianite soles for now
Even better

their is a ridgeway soled kudu boot arriving imminently at The Shoe Healer with ridgeway sole. My own design!! ??

he has some spares.

Attachments

• 669F2A87-3CFB-4F22-BB95-E11AEA593D16.jpeg
    669F2A87-3CFB-4F22-BB95-E11AEA593D16.jpeg
    781.4 KB · Views: 75

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads