• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Yes they look really good with the leather soles. I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy a pair of the Ilkleys with leather soles that are on the Outlet site and your pictures are not helping!
I know that if I do get them my wife will ask why I have yet another pair of brogues in a browny colour.......

I won’t help you , lol. .I had a pair a while back .. they are rather good . Due to a recurring ankle problem I pretty much wear boots all the time now and even at that I’m very fussy about style and fit , my options are limited .
3BBEF025-F798-433E-B06E-59F798C0CC83.jpeg

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Yes they do really suit the boot.

Trickers are THE choice of footwear for Starbucks visits it seems.

Mind I think you need to substitute ASDA for Waitrose when your in your Trickers. Or at least M&S ?

Don’t knock Asda , lol .

I doubt anyone in the Asda that I shop in , close to my daughter‘s home , would have a scooby or care what I am wearing ( and rightly so ) .

The nearest Starbucks is about two and a half miles away . I’m not a fan . There are a couple of up market locally owned independent coffee shops close to me that retail quality food , artisan coffees , breads and baking which I visit now and again . Tbh , same with them regards footwear . Though the tweed raglan overcoats get a look now and again .

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t knock Asda , lol .

I doubt anyone in the Asda that I shop in , close to my daughter‘s home , would have a scooby or care what I am wearing ( and rightly so ) .

The nearest Starbucks is about two and a half miles away . I’m not a fan . There are a couple of up market locally owned independent coffee shops close to me that retail quality food , artisan coffees , breads and baking which I visit now and again . Tbh , same with them regards footwear . Though the tweed raglan overcoats get a look now and again .

I’m only kidding re ASDA

Starbucks not my favourite choice either but the walk to Starbucks has become a benchmark durability test for Trickers on here ?

A little independent coffee shop recently opened 5 mins walk from my house and I’m already nearly on 1st name terms with the staff! The temptation is strong every time I drive or walk past. Really good coffee

Enjoy the Grassmere’s, very impressive work on the heels and edges.

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
A little independent coffee shop recently opened 5 mins walk from my house and I’m already nearly on 1st name terms with the staff! The temptation is strong every time I drive or walk past. Really good coffee

Enjoy the Grassmere’s, very impressive work on the heels and edges.

I know the young staff well in the closest one to me . It’s incredibly popular. Has a bit of local glam factor as an Ulster and Ireland Rugby player is a part owner and lots of the players who live in close vicinity go there .

Tony always delivers quality .. takes a week but always worth the wait .

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Being in Seattle, at one point Starbucks *was* the little local coffee house. But now there are like 10 of them within a 2 mile radius and I'm in the suburbs. The closest one is pleasant walk via a wooded trail. An ideal testing ground for Tricker's.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being in Seattle, at one point Starbucks *was* the little local coffee house. But now there are like 10 of them within a 2 mile radius and I'm in the suburbs. The closest one is pleasant walk via a wooded trail. An ideal testing ground for Tricker's.

Yes, it originated there didn't it? I think I heard Seattle is a good place for coffee....and rain! Good for Trickers then

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most Seattle thing you can do is to be sitting in Starbucks using your Microsoft Surface to order something from Amazon.
Just passing through... I cancelled Amazon Prime several years back. It’s an absolute CON.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes they look really good with the leather soles. I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy a pair of the Ilkleys with leather soles that are on the Outlet site and your pictures are not helping!
I know that if I do get them my wife will ask why I have yet another pair of brogues in a browny colour.......

20% off at the outlet!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m near Redmond. You see A LOT of Surfaces.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
I've been looking for some dark blue Bourtons on a commando sole so was very happy to see this combination in the outlet, and now on the way to me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads