• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score
Tricker's Kudu Grasmere

Town & Country (frozen)

fbd8096eb48448a3019e8b58a775c0f26577ddb1.jpg

&

2d5c92b001219141231f4ac58888ea8857eaec31.jpg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s the rich reddish hue that I actually do like in the Marron. I know if a pair of something in marron turns up at the right price I’m going to be letting myself down again.....

I love Marron too, great shade. I quite like a Stow in Marron Antique.

I got a Woodstock in Marron Antique a while back from a shop that was closing down for an amazing price.

Unfortunately they were just too tight and my father in law ended up getting them. He has been enjoying them ever since and they are really nice shoes.

Wish they had worked out for me!

I personally think Marron Antique and Espresso are two of the best Trickers colours. If I could start again I’d go for those but I will stick with what I have as I don’t want to let them go.

I find my Acorn Antique sometimes a bit bright and would like it to age a bit and gain some darker shades but the process is slow.

My burgundy burnished Stows are starting to develop some patina and definitely get better with age.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me the taper on my trousers is terrible and make it look as though I’m wearing a tracksuit. I really don’t see it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 32215514-D6DE-464C-85A2-5FA1283FD0C2.jpeg
    32215514-D6DE-464C-85A2-5FA1283FD0C2.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 119

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Marron too, great shade. I quite like a Stow in Marron Antique.

I got a Woodstock in Marron Antique a while back from a shop that was closing down for an amazing price.

Unfortunately they were just too tight and my father in law ended up getting them. He has been enjoying them ever since and they are really nice shoes.

Wish they had worked out for me!

I personally think Marron Antique and Espresso are two of the best Trickers colours. If I could start again I’d go for those but I will stick with what I have as I don’t want to let them go.

I find my Acorn Antique sometimes a bit bright and would like it to age a bit and gain some darker shades but the process is slow.

My burgundy burnished Stows are starting to develop some patina and definitely get better with age.
I’m pretty sure you could have close to what you are looking for with a pot of cognac pommadier cream. ?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Tapered look better with boots..although how you have them is how people wear them now too. I prefer turn ups with shoes now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads