• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

LippyLee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well, after promising myself I was going to ease back and curb my spending for a bit, a new pair of boots turned up on eBay in my size and specified with ski hooks for the top three lace points. They look like Stows but I’ve not seen Stows with the ski hooks, so does anyone know what past model they are? I’ll post photos when I’m in a position to.
On the same theme, they are in the Acorn colour (I believe). Has anyone found a polish that’s not neutral, but that matches this colour? I don’t really want to darken these as I really have enough footwear that’s mid tan and darker.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Lee

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Sometimes they make with speed hooks and sometimes they don’t, it’s just the same model. Think Trickers use rebranded Saphir polish so maybe go shade lighter if concerned with darkening unless someone has advice the specific colour.

LippyLee

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm afraid I don't know that just yet. I'll attach a picture of some writing inside the boot, maybe there's information there that'll mean more to you than it does me?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Funny, that Fawn polish looks like what they used to call Cognac. I received a tin of that when I got my Acorn Stows.

Anyway, @LippyLee I think @Betelgeuse was asking about the Axtons which are on the W2298 last.
For your boots, you can peel back the sock liner and see last/size stamped on the heel. There's might be some white double stick tape they use you might have to peel back too. Don't peel it completely off, just enough to see what's stamped there. You can then just press it back into place and it'll be just fine. I'm about 99% certain those are on 4497 though.

They look great.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Funny, that Fawn polish looks like what they used to call Cognac

Cognac is darker and has more red in it. I use it on Marron boots. Perhaps I'll give it a go on my Acorn Sows. Anybody else do this?

LippyLee

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some soon.
Aha, it’s that ruddy hue that I’m hoping to avoid in this case. I have too many ruddy tans and this will be the only yellow tan, so I’d like to maintain that aspect for the variation. Good info!

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Aha, it’s that ruddy hue that I’m hoping to avoid

Yes, gives the Marron a reddish hue I don't really like. Any suggestions for keeping the Marron true to its original shade (neutral creme aside)?

LippyLee

Reaction score
Yes, gives the Marron a reddish hue I don't really like. Any suggestions for keeping the Marron true to its original shade (neutral creme aside)?
It’s the rich reddish hue that I actually do like in the Marron. I know if a pair of something in marron turns up at the right price I’m going to be letting myself down again.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads