• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kudu Grasmeres yet again.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here for a sizing question. Are Tricker's generally the same in sizing compared to C&J? Looking at the Tricker's 2161 last and wondering if I should go -1 from my US size.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here for a sizing question. Are Tricker's generally the same in sizing compared to C&J? Looking at the Tricker's 2161 last and wondering if I should go -1 from my US size.

Yeah, they’re pretty comparable. I’d go down 1 us to uk size.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grasmere in brown zug , my favourites . Bit of cord and old Harris too . View attachment 1318862 View attachment 1318863
Classic vintage look going on there. Apparently corduroy is coming back in fashion. My first pair would be more ‘slim’ (NOT skinny) or ‘tailored’ fitting and probably navy. I would have to ease my way in with a pair of moleskin first. We’ll see. (I recently acquired a pair of chinos that honestly have a hybrid ‘moleskin/chino’ feel to them. Perfect for me.)

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8971d705e2513dacf2a442c40753cac8f84f0e06.gif

Lately

Tricker's Stow

36fdb218ce089826685684200b8f2cebbec3c12b.jpg

Tricker's Axton Naster

56e6ab0bd25318b3eef7a57146d56ba21458917e.jpg

Tricker's Eaton Cuba Wax

2095edac2ef36570cb17233a9dcbb60f4977f240.jpg

Tricker's Navy Parade

00dbca906305334eb366cd4e2d893a5f7c175348.jpg

Tricker's Axton Mocassin Brown

722e91b11ca0e099ab26fedd969897a4b8c28772.jpg

Tricker's Herman

3b0d6f83e92f44e9cb9cef265493462705bc3916.jpg

Tricker's Axton in Racing Green

a0679310b8937d3fe062153c5da456b256ac9346.jpg

How does the moccasin brown compare with marron/marron antique? There doesn’t appear to be too much difference. Moccasin appears to be a little brighter.

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
Classic vintage look going on there. Apparently corduroy is coming back in fashion. My first pair would be more ‘slim’ (NOT skinny) or ‘tailored’ fitting and probably navy. I would have to ease my way in with a pair of moleskin first. We’ll see. (I recently acquired a pair of chinos that honestly have a hybrid ‘moleskin/chino’ feel to them. Perfect for me.)

Thank you sir .

I stopped wearing jeans last year , just felt they didn’t suit me anymore in my mid fifties.

I own four pairs of M&S regular 100% cotton cords in browns / grey that I got bnwt off eBay . Roomy and warm in autumn / winter and versatile . This time of year I wear with a woollen submariner jumper in navy or grey.

I had never wore chinos but bought a couple of pairs at Matalan and tbh they are great . I use them for dog walking and general outside wear . £20 and quality wise better than any M&S pairs I looked at . Roomy cut too which is great for me , I am not a fan off or suit a slim cut trouser .

I have always had a “thing “ for tweed / woollen overcoats !

goingoverland

Reaction score
A question for all you boot wearing fellows.
Do you just use normal shoe trees? Trickers or otherwise? Or can you get shoe trees specially for boots?

Does it make any difference?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I size down one whole size from
my shoe/boot size. Smell lovely and come nicely presented with individual wooden shoe horns.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thank you sir .

I stopped wearing jeans last year , just felt they didn’t suit me anymore in my mid fifties.

I own four pairs of M&S regular 100% cotton cords in browns / grey that I got bnwt off eBay . Roomy and warm in autumn / winter and versatile . This time of year I wear with a woollen submariner jumper in navy or grey.

I had never wore chinos but bought a couple of pairs at Matalan and tbh they are great . I use them for dog walking and general outside wear . £20 and quality wise better than any M&S pairs I looked at . Roomy cut too which is great for me , I am not a fan off or suit a slim cut trouser .

Second to Matalan. I like the slim fit cords from
their. If @mrjamescost was liking to try a style without spending much to experiment I’d give em a whirl. Think they only do green and grey. Not going to last a lifetime but good fit and value (relative to my body shape anywho!).

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second to Matalan. I like the slim fit cords from
their. If @mrjamescost was liking to try a style without spending much to experiment I’d give em a whirl. Think they only do green and grey. Not going to last a lifetime but good fit and value (relative to my body shape anywho!).
I don’t mean to come across as ‘snobby,’ but I don’t do cheap experiments. My purchases have to meet my requirements of being ethically made (no cheap Asian slave labour garbage; preferably made in Britain), quality (made from high quality materials that will last) and look good (fit correctly). This is one of the reasons why I am so bitterly disappointed with Hugo Boss (gang of lying crooks!)

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir .

I just recently got my 1st pair of moleskins from M&S. Went for the straight fit and love them. So comfortable and warm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads