• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, that’s my concern here. I wear thin socks with Brett’s...so not sure Bobby’s will be ideal.

other issue in play... received Alden whiskey Shortwing Bal’s this week and can only do them or Bobby’s. Waited 5+ years for those & they’re fantastic, but fit is good.... but not perfect .
first world decisions.

I would 100% choose the whiskey Aldens over Bobby though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am considering getting my first pair of Trickers, and I was hoping for some sizing help from this thread! I wear a 7UK in various Carmina lasts (Oscar, Forest Rain) and Meermin (Hiro, Olfe). What would you guys recommend for the 4444 last? I was thinking perhaps 6.5, given it seems on the roomy side? Thanks!

That sounds right.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just ordered my third pair of Trickers, Richard LWBs in burgundy from the sale. Does anyone here have them?
Not that model. Could be wrong but they may be the MC leather which is awesome. Really thick and soft. Will have MC on the box or site. They do a burnished burgundy calf too!

princealbert

Reaction score
I have the longwing brogues in burgundy. Don’t think mine are the MC leather, but great shoes.

Cade

Reaction score
-Dear, why do you have so many brown Trickers?
-You wouldn't understand, Honey.
-I bet the divorce lawyers would understand perfectly well, Dear.

There are those who would choose to continue but I chose to stop talking here.

For your reference from left to right
Beechnut, Coffee and Cafe.

Maybe I'll get the Navy calf next, in which case this is the last post from me.?
Cheers!
Trickers group.JPG

surrender

Reaction score
The Cafes look amazing here - they're much darker on the Trickers site.I only have them in Beechnut, but I may get a pair during the next Outlet sale.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
End 30% with VIPSALE code. Too bad if you wear a half size though.

Docxm

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought some Trickers from eBay and am having trouble finding some details on them. They're a Low Leg Logger but I don't know what type of leather they're made of. I'm a bit new to higher quality footwear. Can anyone help?

ndmiller

Reaction score
Take a picture of the writing inside the ankle and you can google the style number or post it here. There are a few people here that have all of them, so they'll just go to their closet and let you know......:bounce2:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought some Trickers from eBay and am having trouble finding some details on them. They're a Low Leg Logger but I don't know what type of leather they're made of. I'm a bit new to higher quality footwear. Can anyone help?

A lot recently have been from the factory sale, will usually have Fs stamped somewhere. Doesn’t mean seconds necessarily but could be one offs or for foreign shops.

Was some Eaton last week you could see fs stamped (though not declared) on sale. I nearly got them but sometimes the sizes are out as are intended for Asia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads