• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
UGH, they don't fit even with tin socks................but they are so pretty.

Well now I know UK9 in Stows, UK8.5 Bourtons, UK9.5 Monkeys.

That's bad luck. Do I recall you saying you got them from Japan? If so bear in mind that Trickers sizing for Japan is a total minefield and the actual size may be different from the one written on the lining of the boots (when this happens the actual size is usually smaller). As Zippy has mentioned in the past the only way to be 100% sure is to peel back the internal liner / heel pad and you will see the number of the last and the UK size stamped into the sole.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks all for the swift recs - i’ll start exploring.

fwiw - been in touch w/ the pekin principal. going to put some vibram 2060s on the winston snuff chukks - which should get them into everyday wear territory for me, than the commandos that are more conditions-based. thanks for the rec!

ndmiller

Reaction score
That's bad luck. Do I recall you saying you got them from Japan? If so bear in mind that Trickers sizing for Japan is a total minefield and the actual size may be different from the one written on the lining of the boots (when this happens the actual size is usually smaller). As Zippy has mentioned in the past the only way to be 100% sure is to peel back the internal liner / heel pad and you will see the number of the last and the UK size stamped into the sole.

Yes, from Japan, and so nice, but not worth the pain. I'm throwing those and my UK8.5 Division Stows on the bay at roughly what I paid and am sure I will sell them pretty quick. At least now I know my Tricker sizes.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
I feel your pain, having recently sold all my size 9 Bourtons due to a sizing mistake. At least they sell quickly and for a reasonable price on eBay.

Yes, from Japan, and so nice, but not worth the pain. I'm throwing those and my UK8.5 Division Stows on the bay at roughly what I paid and am sure I will sell them pretty quick. At least now I know my Tricker sizes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mogano cordovan captoes.

Mikedbfast

Reaction score
I haven’t posted in a while , not much has happened on the purchasing front in the last while . Though I think another purchase is due ... I have wide feet though so some major forethought is required . Tried Bourtons on but I’m not really a shoe guy ...

I did move my espresso Stow’s on , just too tight for me . We have a Tricker’s retailer in Belfast again , for the first time in many years . Tried Stows on recently and same result..very tight width wise . I had a couple of pairs around eight to ten years ago and they were definitely a wider fit , or despite losing weight ..my feet have enlarged , lol .

I have sent my beloved Grassmere to Trickers to have the commando sole / heel combo replaced with double leather . Hope to get them back in three weeks ish . Will post when received .

Pics of derby bots this morning
386CDB57-AC40-4DA0-959D-9F4490379953.jpeg
CC061C08-E1F8-4453-BCE2-86048A0F10B7.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Division Road has several Stows and Eatons on commando.

jayvee

Reaction score
Division Road has several Stows and Eatons on commando.

Thanks saw those but I am in the EU. Hopefully Trickers bring something for the new season

jayvee

Reaction score
They’ve updated the website just now. A few decent looking new models but the commando sole is still pretty rare which seems strange for AW. Black Ethans with awful soles like something out of Camden market.

Is the Maldon just a wider version of the Stow?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They’ve updated the website just now. A few decent looking new models but the commando sole is still pretty rare which seems strange for AW. Black Ethans with awful soles like something out of Camden market.

Is the Maldon just a wider version of the Stow?
The Ethan’s would be lovely with a normal sole, that combo is damn awful, agreed.

Malton essentially a 6 width I think, yes.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Still really like this suede boot. It’s quite different to what Trickers offer on their website, in terms of suede colour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads