• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

FondDeJante

Reaction score
I have found a sale for Bourtons, however the website only carries whole sizes so I had little choice but to go TTS instead of going half a size down. I have a fairly high instep that might offset things, but I was wondering if anyone else went TTS with the 4444 last, and what was your experience?

I do have the Stow boots, which I bought TTS. It fits me well, if not slightly snug.

If Stows fit you TTS (as they should) then Bourtons will almost certainly feel too large if you don't size down, based on personal experience. You may get a reasonable fit with thick socks but they'll probably never fit right. There is a reason that sale Bourtons are readily available in full sizes...

FondDeJante

Reaction score

I was made redundant just before sale time so had lots of time on my hands to hunt for sale bargains, and a decent payoff to fund purchases. Thanks @Crafty Cumbrian for helping with the coffee Eatons, and @MSAINT with the Eaton laces. I'm all ready for winter!!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Orbis881

Reaction score
All depends on individual feet but... I’ve went TTS and it’s ok with winter socks, which was the intention of Trickers all along as they’d be worn on country pursuits.

I see, that makes sense. Good thing I have some pretty thick socks here just in case.

END. Clothing, it's on sale plus 15 percent off. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Even if it was at full size. :)

If Stows fit you TTS (as they should) then Bourtons will almost certainly feel too large if you don't size down, based on personal experience. You may get a reasonable fit with thick socks but they'll probably never fit right. There is a reason that sale Bourtons are readily available in full sizes...

I agree, I wish the merchant had the size I wanted, otherwise I would not feel this suspense before they arrive on my doorstep.

What made me take the risk is that I also wear Barrie longwings in my size, which is also often suggested to go half a size lower. With that said, if the 4444 last is closer to the Trubalance, I will definitely be in trouble.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works, otherwise it would be another notch to painful mistakes I've made in this hobby of ours.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Nice aren't they? 2019 Junya collab, I got them from Ssense - they're on sale there and also at Matches.

Thanks!
ric%20lechic.gif

They are very nice indeed!
lavie_lavraie.gif

No luck at Ssense or Matches (only a size S(WTF?
ric%20lechic.gif
) IT 39... I'm guessing it's a size 5)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

FondDeJante

Reaction score
This is what happens when I only check Matches and Ssense for Tricker's and not also check for collabs.

Anyway, @MSAINT, try Haven. https://shop.havenshop.com/products/junya-watanabe-man-x-trickers-calf-leather-camo-print-khaki
They have your size! 6.5UK right?
Junya x Tricker's sizing is from the bizarro world.
But L = 10UK, M=9UK, S=8UK, XS=7UK.
However, despite being marked 10UK, it's actually a 9.5UK and so on I assume.

@zippyh has got the sizing spot on - Ssense, Haven and Matches all have inconsistent sizing info

MSAINT

Reaction score
This is what happens when I only check Matches and Ssense for Tricker's and not also check for collabs.

Anyway, @MSAINT, try Haven. https://shop.havenshop.com/products/junya-watanabe-man-x-trickers-calf-leather-camo-print-khaki
They have your size! 6.5UK right?
Junya x Tricker's sizing is from the bizarro world.
But L = 10UK, M=9UK, S=8UK, XS=7UK.
However, despite being marked 10UK, it's actually a 9.5UK and so on I assume.

Thanks a lot Zippyh.
You do have a great memory, I'm indeed a 6.5 UK.
Darned, I don't feel like taking the risk and eventually ending with a real UK7 plus having to deal with it with a shop in Canada (not to mention that dealing with the Customs if I had to change size or send the pair back would be a kafkaian time consuming nightmare), I would have tried with a EU based shop though...
Also, how on earth do they manage to sell anything with those cryptic sizing?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@MSAINT, don't you need camo Eatons too? Where's your sense of adventure not ordering from Canada?

MSAINT

Reaction score
@MSAINT, don't you need camo Eatons too? Where's your sense of adventure not ordering from Canada?

Totally agree exept the sizing part of said adventure (and the crap potentionally to be delt with afterward)... really don't feel that part!

But gosh, those Eaton are so yummy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads