• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Reiver

Reaction score
Cipresso on mission ‘break in’!
So what’s your initial thoughts on cordovan? They certainly look nice!

On the subject of black denim, I don’t have any and can’t even remember when I last did. I could be tempted to try some.

All my jeans are indigo so might be due a change.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the subject of black denim, I don’t have any and can’t even remember when I last did. I could be tempted to try some.

They’re very firm. I had a good walk tonight, maybe an hour and a quarter. For a first proper wear was probably too long. Bit of heal rub on one of the boots.. not sure the leather will ever soften but maybe mould to your foot rather than yield?

Love the aesthetic of the Cipresso. Was worried what it would go with but they look like an off black in most lights and the contrast welt makes them look class.

caffed

Reaction score

I have the black pebble grain and mogano cordovan Ethan shoes. The cordovan is much more stiff and thicker. The break-in is longer but not unbearable.

Reiver

Reaction score
They’re very firm. I had a good walk tonight, maybe an hour and a quarter. For a first proper wear was probably too long. Bit of heal rub on one of the boots.. not sure the leather will ever soften but maybe mould to your foot rather than yield?

Love the aesthetic of the Cipresso. Was worried what it would go with but they look like an off black in most lights and the contrast welt makes them look class.
Sounds promising! I’m sure i’ll try some cordovan at some point.

I think the colour should age very nicely. I think I read with cordovan that the brown starts to show through a bit with age. I have had a similar thing with some CXL trainers in dark blue and it is showing a bit of brown in areas of wear. I really like the look.

CrashBurner

Reaction score

I’ve found the Cordovan that Tricker’s have used in the Brett recently is quite a bit harder and stiffer than boots/shoes I acquired previously (x SuperDenim mostly).
Having dyed two pairs of the Brett boots and applying several different products in that process, I’ve found:
1. Saphir Renomat seems to temporarily soften the Cordovan (used to strip everything except the original finish/colour of the Cordovan);
2. Neats foot oil used sparingly softens the Cordovan more permanently (used to darken the colour where needed);
3. Boot Black Rich Moisture lotion really helps restore the moisture of the Cordovan after processes that dry out the Cordovan initially or were dry from the outset (especially had that issue with a pair of Teck Brett boots now a rich Burgundy with lots of effort).
I’d recommend the last two products especially and the Renomat may aid in the Cordovan soaking up those two products.

ItsLouisAgain

Reaction score

Can someone tell me whether they'd consider this (the area where the welt meets) to be a defect? It looks a lot neater on its compatriot shoe

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.