1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

1. IronRiceBowl

IronRiceBowl Active Member

Mentioned a week or two back that I picked up some of the Tricker's x Division Road AAP Churchill Officer Boots, but forgot to post pictures of them here.
    2019-05-14.jpg 2019-05-14d.jpg
    The boots appear much more burgundy in natural lighting than the deep brown in DR's stock photos. The boot was a bit tight on my right pinky toe and across the top of my foot where the quarters attach to the vamp at the bottom of the lacing, but it's quickly stretched out a bit after four wears. The boots are freakin' tanks - perfect for the PNW week of rain we're anticipating after four straight days of being in the high 70s/low 80s. Pretty excited to beat these boots up and see how they look after some wear.

Also, the snoot is Jade, my seven month old GSD. She likes the smell of the bison leather.

2. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Distinguished Member

They’re a fine pair of boots sir. I’ve bison leather on a Viberg boot and they feel like they’d outlast the apocalypse! Thick but soft too.

3. Metrosey

Metrosey Senior Member

There’s always, that waxy *puppy eyes*

Doggggggyyyyyyyy, can already tell she’s beautiful :)

4. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

5. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

beauties there!
    how often does division road do sales on Trickers?

6. IronRiceBowl

IronRiceBowl Active Member

Oh, I guess I wasn't very clear. I bought these secondhand off of Grailed for basically 60% off retail due to the previous owner's poor sizing and his inability to return them because of the small scratch in the left toe near the welt that you can see in the pictures. Quite the steal in my opinion and I couldn't be happier about it!

To my knowledge, Division Road rarely, if ever, does sales on it's footwear. Most of the stuff it posts for sale is old clothing, typically one to two pieces/sizes left, that they're just trying to move I believe.

7. Kiwijohn

Kiwijohn Well-Known Member

Talking of MTO's I'm also a fan of Kudu and would be keen of an MTO of the George Captoe shoe?. A long shot I know :eek:

8. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Yeah, I've never seen Division Road put any Tricker's on sale.

9. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

I see, thanks for the reply

10. jayvee

jayvee Senior Member

No bites on my MTO proposal so I think the curse of the trickers mto fail strikes again. Maybe everyone is too used to grabbing bargains :blush:

Speaking of which, to console myself I grabbed a pair of what I think are grain leo boots in a late night eBay hunt. Will post pictures when they arrive.

11. Metrosey

Metrosey Senior Member

I think a lot of people might want something quite different to what is currently available. For example if we did a Hippo (more of a joke but you get what I mean haha) Stow, some people might be interested or a Kangaroo (depending on costs of course). It seemed previously a lot of people wanted a Stow Waxy in some form of colour but I don’t think there’s enough (not that I’ve actively looked).

I think a Kangaroo Stow would hop off the shelve. Yeahhh, I’ll get my coat.

Last edited: May 15, 2019

12. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior Member

Tricker's Parade cordovan. In dire need of ointments [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2019

13. mrjamescost

mrjamescost Distinguished Member

Not for me, thanks. Most of the models one may be looking for will become available eventually. Whether that be in two years or 10 years. There’s no mad hurry. All we need is just a little patience. :)

14. aj2603

aj2603 Senior Member

Two observations from my Stow boots, during the first polish

1. The back sticking does not align with the middle of the shoe

2. The finishing on the edge a bit rough ( not as refined )

PS: I still love the boots

1E61D215-D5A5-4A23-AABD-94FF758A8334.jpeg 1C779DF4-B784-489A-9821-7014F2DC5D87.jpeg

15. aj2603

aj2603 Senior Member

Pics don’t shoe it well .. but the stitching is a bit off

6E900868-106F-4477-9701-AE759B96DBEE.jpeg