• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

jayvee

Reaction score
All these Trickers on T.K. maxx is taking the piss now , it’s demeaning the brand. And surely it can’t be a bust-retailer’s old stock? Did Trickers not claim to know how T.K. maxx were getting them when questioned? I am finding it more difficult to believe that as time goes on.

dangerous

Reaction score
I could only find two pairs of cordovan, and the only pair in my size is the Bretts... I dunno if I like them enough to dump that money into the boring colour!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They have acorn cordovan commando sole ethans on the outlet! My grail boot but only in uk 6-6.5 at least tell me they never had any uk 9?
I looked at one minute past midnight and they didn’t have any size 9. I’d think they were made as an MTO for an Asian retailer and those were the defective ones.

WilYa

Reaction score
All these Trickers on T.K. maxx is taking the piss now , it’s demeaning the brand. And surely it can’t be a bust-retailer’s old stock? Did Trickers not claim to know how T.K. maxx were getting them when questioned? I am finding it more difficult to believe that as time goes on.
Not really, most UK or even european makers do the same, i.e dump sample/factory sale stock to TK Maxx. The price at TKM is actually higher than the maker’s own sample/factory sale

jayvee

Reaction score
Not really, most UK or even european makers do the same, i.e dump sample/factory sale stock to TK Maxx. The price at TKM is actually higher than the maker’s own sample/factory sale

Most makers? I don’t think so. Top brands would rather destroy stock than let it go to discount stores.

And the price isn’t higher in tk maxx. You rarely find anything for 189£ on the trickers outlet it’s usually 295£.

Metrosey

Reaction score

There are only a few brands that destroy their stock rather than selling it for a cheaper price and/or giving it to discounted retailers. Louis Vuitton is one of them and places like Hermes are another I expect. Trickers isn’t in the price range nor aiming for that exclusivity, as many retailers sell the brand

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There aren’t any on the T.K.Maxx website at the moment. When I asked the Tricker’s admin on Instagram, they insisted T.K.Maxx were selling old stock that have been sold to them by companies gone bust. We can (1.) believe them, (2.) believe them and remain sceptical or (3.) believe they have little integrity. I will say that, of all the pairs of Tricker’s I own, the one purchased at T.K.Maxx are the most questionable in terms of quality. The leather seems a little tougher and there is deep creasing on the vamp that isn’t present on another pair that are the same model (Woodstock). This could be either due to a reduction in quality (the ‘cheaper, inferior quality shoes produced for outlets’ theory) or they are older leather left in storage for a long time. We still have to see how they age. At the moment I am happy with the model and feel that for the price they are good value. Obviously I, like everyone else here, like the idea of having the best quality at a reduced price.

jayvee

Reaction score
I suppose we’ll have to see if they continue to get stock. They’ve had some wild stuff that must be MTO so maybe they did acquire stock from somewhere that closed down (but where?). But then the stock keeps coming, as seen in the picture from Covent Garden.

I don’t know what the truth is, but I don’t feel like paying £425 full price if I am going to find the same boots on the racks of T.K. Maxx.

jayvee

Reaction score
I looked at one minute past midnight and they didn’t have any size 9. I’d think they were made as an MTO for an Asian retailer and those were the defective ones.

Thanks I feel a bit better that at least I didn’t miss out! This boot addiction is quite a ridiculous illness.

WilYa

Reaction score
Most makers? I don’t think so. Top brands would rather destroy stock than let it go to discount stores.

And the price isn’t higher in tk maxx. You rarely find anything for 189£ on the trickers outlet it’s usually 295£.
Just an example, factory sale of JL of the prestigious Hermes group.
Trickers is around £100 at factory sale.
mmexport1555898634348.jpg

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose we’ll have to see if they continue to get stock. They’ve had some wild stuff that must be MTO so maybe they did acquire stock from somewhere that closed down (but where?). But then the stock keeps coming, as seen in the picture from Covent Garden.

I don’t know what the truth is, but I don’t feel like paying £425 full price if I am going to find the same boots on the racks of T.K. Maxx.
There’s a reason why hardly anyone ‘round here is paying full price. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads