• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score
Tricker's Axton Racing Green 5th day of my Green Week
nozdormu.gif

0bf6b5f3517ec888d65246b96b7f3fd3e41286d6.jpg

Metrosey

Reaction score
Darn Tough are expensive but they are really good. Best comfort I have experienced and never seem to show any signs of getting thin in the heels etc.

Will have to check Falke next time but I have plenty for now.

Predictably Trickers ones aren’t great. I wore them with my Ilkleys last week and found they made the heel rub worse as they have quite a course texture.

Saying that they felt fine with my Stows. They’re not wool though.

The problem for me isn't that it's £20 but the fact if I want like 5-7 pairs of them, we're taking close/over £100 for socks. I might just buy one and then some other cheaper Merino wool socks. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

On another note, think this will be my next boot, just love the colour. Yeah, I hate it now, just want more boots hahaha, oh dear :(

https://www.trickersoutlet.com/outlet/mens/stow-country-boot.html

Or this one but I think the former is better

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/tricker-s-henry-chelsea-boot-2754-nbor.html

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem for me isn't that it's £20 but the fact if I want like 5-7 pairs of them, we're taking close/over £100 for socks. I might just buy one and then some other cheaper Merino wool socks. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

On another note, think this will be my next boot, just love the colour. Yeah, I hate it now, just want more boots hahaha, oh dear :(

https://www.trickersoutlet.com/outlet/mens/stow-country-boot.html

Or this one but I think the former is better

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/tricker-s-henry-chelsea-boot-2754-nbor.html

Yeah, you have a point. I only have 2 pairs of darn tough. I also have 3 pairs of Scott Nichol, 3 smartwool and 1 H J Protrek.

Darn tough are definitely the best of those. All pretty good though.

Smartwool aren’t far behind darn tough and can be found at T K Maxx for around £6 sometimes.

Oh and it’s a slippery slope once you buy your 1st pair of Trickers. I’m not really that into suede but they look nice. Will have to try suede one day!

Metrosey

Reaction score
Yeah, you have a point. I only have 2 pairs of darn tough. I also have 3 pairs of Scott Nichol, 3 smartwool and 1 H J Protrek.

Darn tough are definitely the best of those. All pretty good though.

Smartwool aren’t far behind darn tough and can be found at T K Maxx for around £6 sometimes.

Oh and it’s a slippery slope once you buy your 1st pair of Trickers. I’m not really that into suede but they look nice. Will have to try suede one day!

Alright, you sold me, I’ll get a pair. Where do you find has the biggest range? Was looking here at this sock, not sure on if I want medium or large cushioning/thickness, think I might go Medium thickness

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/dar36/darn-tough-hiker-boot-sock-~-ss19/

PS - Sorry for talking about socks when it’s a Trickers thread, although they are for Trickers, so hope you all let it pass haha :)

NorthCoast

Reaction score
W2298 last question.

Anyone ever try on a 11.5 UK and a 11 UK?

I'm a 12C. I have a pair of W2298 boots that are 11.5 UK that fit me great. It seems like recently the Robert shoe Trickers does has only been released in 11 UK. I really have liked some pairs but am not able to try any on so asking for help with this.

Thanks.

Cooly

Reaction score
W2298 last question.

Anyone ever try on a 11.5 UK and a 11 UK?

I'm a 12C. I have a pair of W2298 boots that are 11.5 UK that fit me great. It seems like recently the Robert shoe Trickers does has only been released in 11 UK. I really have liked some pairs but am not able to try any on so asking for help with this.

Thanks.
IME, the w2298 got narrow real quick when I sized down a half size. You could try it but be prepared for it to be a bit tight in the toe

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, you sold me, I’ll get a pair. Where do you find has the biggest range? Was looking here at this sock, not sure on if I want medium or large cushioning/thickness, think I might go Medium thickness

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/dar36/darn-tough-hiker-boot-sock-~-ss19/

PS - Sorry for talking about socks when it’s a Trickers thread, although they are for Trickers, so hope you all let it pass haha :)

I’ve got medium and a lightweight pair.

I definitely prefer the medium but lightweight are great in summer.

Might get thicker ones later in year.

Got mine from an eBay seller that always have a random selection. Still about £15 a pair

Metrosey

Reaction score
I’ve got medium and a lightweight pair.

I definitely prefer the medium but lightweight are great in summer.

Might get thicker ones later in year.

Got mine from an eBay seller that always have a random selection. Still about £15 a pair

Last question, do you still get warranty if bought from eBay?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last question, do you still get warranty if bought from eBay?

They seem to emphasize the "no conditions" aspect of their warranty and they have a UK based warranty servicer so you don't have to send them to Vermont.

There are some "how to spot fakes" tips here https://darntough.com/pages/authorized-amazon-sellers

I've got a few pairs of Darn Tough and they really are quite comfortable. Never had to make a warranty claim.
The only problem I have with them is a lot of their designs and colors are kind of ugly and/or have branding on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads