1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Reiver

Reiver Senior Member

Good to hear. My new Ilkleys are getting there. Probably couldn't walk all day in them yet!

2. GrahamS

GrahamS Member

So,

Long story short, but I ended up with 2 pairs of the Navy Woodstock, as much as I really like the Navy, 2 pairs was a little excessive. I had seen various posts on other forums about using leather dye & decided to give it a go.

I used the Angelus leather preparer & deglazer followed by 2 coats of Angelus Jet Black dye.

It was really easy to do & as long as you mask off the insides & soles, is a simple & quick process.

I was concerned that there was a definite brown hue to the shoe after the coats, but after 2 coats of black polish, the finish is identical to a regular pair of black shoes.

The photos show the shoes before, during & after the process.

Happy with the results. 20190111_154630.jpeg

3. once a day

once a day Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

well done!

4. Alexidb

Alexidb Senior Member

I’m in need of a talking down. B4A0435B-30D7-4671-8A95-F550F94B2148.jpeg F6DF9782-C840-4AD1-B87C-6D29E6A1E470.jpeg
    I pined over these Trickers for months and now that I have them I feel a solid meh. I thought they were gonna be a bit lighter in tone. I dunno perhaps I’m being a bit picky and grumpy on account of being stuck in the house the last two weeks on account of a URTI that’s morphed into pneumonia.

I dunno, do they look ok with jeans? Are they going to be relegated to wearing with tweed and flannel trousers?

5. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Senior Member

I think they’d look really good with a darker jean tapered towards the ankle. Give a nice contrast and accentuate the fact it’s a boot.

Speedy recovery sir and chin up.

6. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

I think Crafty has the right idea. They need a darker tapered/narrower leg jean.
    Nice SNS sweater too.

7. zippyh

Caramel kudu Stephans for lunch with wife.
    WlnVuEzwSkmya7GFoKTlOA.jpg

Bonus pic of delicious steak sammich.
    VNAVU4REQhm2UKIdJjZf1g.jpg

8. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Senior Member

9. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

Boots nice, steak sammich spectacular, I need to know the name of the restaurant I want one.

10. zippyh

It was this week's lunch special.

11. Metrosey

Metrosey Senior Member

That’s good to hear too, one of my classmates gave a compliment on them the other week, she’s likes them too haha and my girlfriend loves them. I’m getting another pair of black jeans to go with them, as I think black works best with the boot colour :)

12. Munky

Munky Distinguished Member

Beautiful boots. You might want to consider shorter jeans, with either one break or just sitting on top of the boots.

13. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

Thanks my only hope is when I am out there they still offer it.

14. moondog-sparky

moondog-sparky Active Member

Zippy:
    Details on the camo pants? I’m on the hunt for a pair...Mister Freedoms look promising...
    Thx!

15. Alexidb

Alexidb Senior Member

Ignoring everyone’s advice on tapered jeans I went with an even fuller set of tweed trousers. 832A1067-5956-4CFB-AF3C-F640DE82827F.jpeg

View attachment 1105546

3ACAAB83-C086-4D8B-BFDD-E3FEE900B077.jpeg