• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gigio Chelseas are on the 5067/1 according to my handy dandy catalog. Seems to be the last used in most of the City Collection when that was a thing. Guessing it's TTS.

Anyone have any photos of the Trickers Gigio in the wild? Trying to figure out what last it's made on.

No experience with them though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks. What color are the ones you have in the picture ?
These are Sign, Caramel and Polo, an MTO from Tge Shoe Room Doncaster. He’s running another.

857457CA-0164-419A-9229-77C59A0C0403.jpeg

Metrosey

Reaction score
Where did you finally get them? I didn’t see that update. I know Tricker’s have a ‘special’ acorn polish, but I would consider going for a Saphir neutral cream and polish from A Fine Pair of Shoes, found HERE and HERE. You seriously can’t go wrong with that stuff. It will last you ages, too. I’ve hardly put a dent in mine in nearly a year. I’m definitely not one to skimp, either. Oh... and it works out half the price of the polish and cream directly from Tricker’s...

I’m ordering them tomorrow, I’ll give an update then. Alright, I’ll get those but if I want stock colour, does it need the polish?

I’ve got a large horse hair brush and old cloth to use, should I get a small welt brush too? Is it just cloth, cream, polish, brush and shoe trees needed?

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want another pair too now hahaha, I’ll just stick with Stows for now
Sensible. The best advice would be to buy one new pair a year. A pair that you REALLY want - not just because it’s ‘on sale’. If you manage to get a discount, that’s a bonus.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been doing well on the Black Friday sales withdrawal but..

I only buy when I sell now so it at least partially justifies itself...
I used the sales to buy Christmas/Festive presents. I treated myself to a pair of Falke cashmere socks... but I’ll have to put them away and pretend they are a 2019 purchase. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics