1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

nice Zip, we can now form a green brogue gang

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Thanks GS. Seeing your greens started the "want" in my head.

3. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Pretty good. They're pretty wide/high volume but any smaller size and they'd be too short.
    Thanks again Tom.

These are UK sizes, right?

Yup, UK sizes. Hope they work out well for you. Give the sole some time to break in.

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

I really like the wedge eva sole for some reason

5. Mr. Tweed

Mr. Tweed Well-Known Member

I decided on the Grasmere, because I like the little bit of extra stitching on the toe. Also, I'm probably going to go with the grey repeto suede. I do like the idea of the crepe sole, for 2 reasons. 1) More like sneakers, which I wear about 24/7, and 2) Pretty unusual. But, on the other hand, I like the idea of the Commando sole.

Argh, that crepe sole has really gotten me thinking. Is the natural color the only option? Could I have a different color crepe? I'd like that idea - give the thing some kick. Maybe a darker shade of grey?

Dear LA Guy,

To my knowledge, crepe rubber soles only come in natural colour, but they should be able to have their edges stained. This would mean that the welt and sole edges can be stained in three colours: brown, dark brown and black. Natural or black edges would be the only viable option for grey suede, I think.

However, if you plan to kick some serious ass with these boots, crepe rubber soles sounds a little on the soft side to me. Commandos would make a much more evident imprint...

Yours,

Mr. Tweed

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dear LA Guy,

To my knowledge, crepe rubber soles only come in natural colour, but they should be able to have their edges stained. This would mean that the welt and sole edges can be stained in three colours: brown, dark brown and black. Natural or black edges would be the only viable option for grey suede, I think.

However, if you plan to kick some serious ass with these boots, crepe rubber soles sounds a little on the soft side to me. Commandos would make a much more evident imprint...

Yours,

Mr. Tweed

All good points. Maybe I'd be laying down a gentler, more humane beating? I'm on the fence about this one.

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

All good points. Maybe I'd be laying down a gentler, more humane beating? I'm on the fence about this one.

A thorough spanking if you will?

8. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    I decided on the Grasmere, because I like the little bit of extra stitching on the toe. Also, I'm probably going to go with the grey repeto suede. I do like the idea of the crepe sole, for 2 reasons. 1) More like sneakers, which I wear about 24/7, and 2) Pretty unusual. But, on the other hand, I like the idea of the Commando sole.

Argh, that crepe sole has really gotten me thinking. Is the natural color the only option? Could I have a different color crepe? I'd like that idea - give the thing some kick. Maybe a darker shade of grey?

Ok, instead of asking us, a bunch of know-nothing wankers, you should just e-mail Richard at the shoehealer. He will gladly answer all questions. He knows his Trickers, and if he doesn't know, he'll contact Trickers. I can't recommend doing this enough.

9. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Many crepe soles will quite quickly blacken or just darken in time.

10. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Ok, instead of asking us, a bunch of know-nothing wankers, you should just e-mail Richard at the shoehealer. He will gladly answer all questions. He knows his Trickers, and if he doesn't know, he'll contact Trickers. I can't recommend doing this enough.

What he said. Richard knows all and dude is patient too. Took me ages to get all the details down on my own MTO trickers order but the end result should be exactly like I wanted, can't wait till december now.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

True. But this is fun. I will contact him when I have a clear idea of what I'd like, and then I'll let him critique everything.

Those of you who have had custom makes, about how long does it take from order to receipt?

12. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Recently polished the Stows and thought I'd post a few more pics in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

14. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Nice, Mr. Moo, where did you get them from ?

15. davichan

davichan Well-Known Member

Mr. Moo, you def have our attention!!!! nice!

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

^ Nice Moo.
    Is that the Nottingham?

18. davichan

davichan Well-Known Member

mr moo, those are pure sexytime!!!!

19. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

Are those stows up there "espresso?" They're gorgeous, well done.

20. robin

robin Senior member

Jack straw in Seattle has two custom boot models, but he's charging $700 a pair.

I saw some great teal Trickers boots at Jack Straw, but they were $750, which is ridiculous for Trickers boots. Argh.. want them. Anyone know who else might have those?
    Just curious, did anyone reading this thread buy these boots from Jack Straw? I stopped in today, and apparently they sold a lot of them very recently due to sudden interest out of nowhere.