• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
They are beautiful... I never knew about the Eatons. They are amazing.

Where did you pick them up?
They were a MTO from the Shoe Room. I may put myself forward for an 9 next time if they have one.

I didn’t organise the the MTO but they had an 8.5 left so took a punt.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Hello guys! Long time lurker, first one poster. Got myself (from tk maxx) expresso stows, finally a pair popped up in my size! I kinda like more tan colour, and today a tan pair popped up... 20£ cheaper, dainite sole, speed hooks, but looks a bit.... Weird! Leather looks a bit... papery (I mean different kind of creases than on my other boots), than writing on the inside is just 2 lines, not 3 as usual. Any chance for an advice? Is it some different leather? Looks fake? Or that's normal?
View attachment 1071084 View attachment 1071085

Now to me these look like Stow Acorns and the leather inside seems like it is due to being old and potentially not stored correctly

I might be wrong though

Metrosey

Reaction score
Trickers Stow Acorn now 30 percent off (when adding student discount) at Cho.co.uk but my size is out of stock, so I’m trying to preorder it now :(

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Now to me these look like Stow Acorns and the leather inside seems like it is due to being old and potentially not stored correctly

I might be wrong though

Thank you!
IF it's old and not stored correctly, what are the risks? If giving it some couple of coats of moisturiser before wear?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you!
IF it's old and not stored correctly, what are the risks? If giving it some couple of coats of moisturiser before wear?

Don’t worry about the liner. It will smooth out with wear as you stretch and bend the shaft most likely. The liner is glued to the outer leather, and then sewn around the edges.

It really won’t impact the boots at all

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Don’t worry about the liner. It will smooth out with wear as you stretch and bend the shaft most likely. The liner is glued to the outer leather, and then sewn around the edges.

It really won’t impact the boots at all

Thank you!
Googled about dry leather and saw some pictures looking remarkably similar to mine!

I'm not too worried about liner. Anyway noone would see it. I'm more worried about leather uppers being too dried out. Wouldn't want to pay 180£ just for the boots to fall apart in one season... I can do that with Clarks 50£ shoes!

Metrosey

Reaction score
Thank you!

Yeah, I mean using some Moisturiser wouldn't hurt it (I wouldn't use much) because at the end of the day, they don't look freshly made and I guess that can happen with TK Max as they don't get them officially from Trickers.

I wouldn't say they would fall apart though, I mean I've ordered some Red Wings that were 3-4 years old (got the date of manufacture inside the boot) and they looked fine apart from dry marks. I sent them back though as I then decided I wanted Stow Acorns in size 11 of which I'm waiting for a lower price and perhaps have found them if Cho.co.uk let me preorder

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean using some Moisturiser wouldn't hurt it (I wouldn't use much) because at the end of the day, they don't look freshly made and I guess that can happen with TK Max as they don't get them officially from Trickers.

I wouldn't say they would fall apart though, I mean I've ordered some Red Wings that were 3-4 years old (got the date of manufacture inside the boot) and they looked fine apart from dry marks. I sent them back though as I then decided I wanted Stow Acorns in size 11 of which I'm waiting for a lower price and perhaps have found them if Cho.co.uk let me preorder
You really want those acorns fella!

Thought their would be lots on eBay after the factory sale. The prices haven’t on the whole been mad but think some of the private sellers took advantage of £1 deals to sell so lowered price accordingly.

Metrosey

Reaction score

Thought their would be lots on eBay after the factory sale. The prices haven’t on the whole been mad but think some of the private sellers took advantage of £1 deals to sell so lowered price accordingly.

Yeah, I do haha, hopefully Cho.co.uk let me do it :)

jayvee

Reaction score
Hello guys! Long time lurker, first one poster. Got myself (from tk maxx) expresso stows, finally a pair popped up in my size! I kinda like more tan colour, and today a tan pair popped up... 20£ cheaper, dainite sole, speed hooks, but looks a bit.... Weird! Leather looks a bit... papery (I mean different kind of creases than on my other boots), than writing on the inside is just 2 lines, not 3 as usual. Any chance for an advice? Is it some different leather? Looks fake? Or that's normal?
View attachment 1071084 View attachment 1071085

Nice haul. What branch did you find them in?

Metrosey

Reaction score

Also, I don't think they'll let me preorder due to the business type, which is sad, however I'll wait for their response tomorrow :(

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Also, I don't think they'll let me preorder due to the business type, which is sad, however I'll wait for their response tomorrow :(
I thought they got end of line stock from retailers such as Mr Porter hence why they only ever have certain sizes in certain models?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads