• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
zippyh, amazing haul. how many pairs of Trickers do you have? Im afraid to even guess at this point. Happy Birthday!

I think these two are 17 and 18.

Originally Posted by thatoneguy
is it crazy for me to think that these are the same color, just the sole and laces make the boots look lighter?

Not crazy, but the Stows really are lighter. The natural sole and laces help them appear even lighter too.

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
So glad I pulled the trigger on the grey LS Stows; really warming up to the brass eyelets on these, which I didn't like at first.

Now when the hell will they reach a settlement in the Canada Post labour dispute so these can be delivered?
ffffuuuu.gif

Belated happy birthday z!

It's like the fates are conspiring to keep you from owning Stows.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
It's like the fates are conspiring to keep you from owning Stows.

Sure looks that way. Unlike you, I have no trouble knowing exactly how many Tricker's I (don't) have at the moment.
laugh.gif

pq8504

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSAINT
My new Trickers... Rippon country toe cap boot.

They where too reddish so I made a patina with Saphir cream in black and mahogany:

Could you advice me on whether this Rippon country toe cap boot in UK6.5/US7 is right for me, if i wear RW gentleman's traveler in US7, Dr.martens in UK7/US8, and US8 or US8.5 in sneakers. Thanks in advance man!
smile.gif

MSAINT

Reaction score
Hi pq8504!
msaint.gif
My Rippon are UK6.5 and I wear Alden/Chippewa/Thorogood in US7 so they should be perfect for you too. The color? Well... they came in a very reddish burgundy (not pictured) and I changed the color with black cream and with mahogany cream patina the result is a brownish oxblood now.

rkusmant

Reaction score
20110625-IMG_0820-1.jpg
Trying to convince you folks to do MTO on this in black scotch grain

edwinl

Reaction score
Not that I haven't dine my research but opinions seems to vary on how to fit stows. If I'm a 40 in common projects and a 7 in red wings and chucks I ought to get a uk 6.5 right? I'm a 7d in brannock sizing too.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI: just put up two new pairs in B&S (see my signature)

ambivalence

Reaction score
which one will you guys pick?

trickers stow marron or trickers malton (cshade tan)

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's not a huge difference once they get worn in. of the two i slightly prefer c shade, to me it's the classic distinctive trickers colour. works with pretty much anything, particularly denim, flannel, chinos etc

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just arrived yesterday, had a pair of MTO navy blue Stow's made. Ordered thru ShoeHealer. Superb service, would recommend them to anyone. Got the idea from the limited edition Norse.

487766202_o.jpg

487766187_o.jpg

487766169_o.jpg

487766227_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads