• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

REDMOND

Reaction score
Stubby are belters, I have a two tone zug grain from the bureau and agree there more burgundy then brown

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stubby are belters, I have a two tone zug grain from the bureau and agree there more burgundy then brown

Am I not correct in thinking Zug Grain is normally a burgundy/brown shade?

All of the Zug I have owned has had a bit of burgundy about it I’m sure.

REDMOND

Reaction score
Am not sure tbh,
I also have a burgundy pair of stow. And even in bright sunlight the shades are identical,

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Loooong drive today to Doncaster to collect these MTO beauties off Richard and Michelle at The Shoe Room. Really chuffed to get my three favourite leathers on one boot and the end result is stunning.

Can’t speak highly enough of the customer centric service received today. If it wasn’t for my 320 plus mile round trip I’d have still been talking to Richard about shoes!

Makes me even keener to get the black MTO offf the ground...

5959B6DE-9A97-48C4-A863-FFA409C5E068.jpeg

571D2D1F-6140-4DCD-BB25-0FA7E32C860C.jpeg

3024E8BA-4120-46F8-8776-CF2FB070F6EE.jpeg

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am not sure tbh,
I also have a burgundy pair of stow. And even in bright sunlight the shades are identical,

I have burgundy Stows as well but I would say mine are a lighter shade than any of the Zug Grain I have seen so you may have a point.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
The Black Kudu boot

Richard have great advice and I think this is final spec!!

Model 7770 (captoe on 4497s)
Black Kudu leather
Black binding
Red calf lining
Red pull loops
Medium brass eyelets
Tan waxed cord laces (Richard happy to supply black)
Barbour welt in tan finish with white stitching
Sole- dainite in black with a leather thru (mid sole)

I’ve messaged all that were interested to please contact Richard directly on

[email protected]

As I didn’t want people’s details and contacts etc. He can confirm pricing and has agreed free worldwide delivery. Minus Vat for international customers where vat is exempt.

I think this would make an amazing boot.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped into a local T K Maxx today and they had a Matlock in stock in smooth burgundy calf with commando sole.

The sock liner and lining of the shoe were an olive green and the royal warrant logo was replaced with just “Trickers England”

Quality seemed to me on a par with any Trickers I have handled elsewhere.

They were a UK 10 6 Width and a tad small on me. I was slightly tempted though!

They were £179 if anybody is interested I could always pick them up for you.

princealbert

Reaction score
Those are great, zippyh. May I ask where you got them. (PM if you prefer) Are they dark brown or black? I like the 5" boots but I rarely see them for sale and they're typically on a commando sole. Much prefer Dainite.

Manifesto Clothing has a few pairs in lollipop red on a dainite sole.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Am I not correct in thinking Zug Grain is normally a burgundy/brown shade?

All of the Zug I have owned has had a bit of burgundy about it I’m sure.

I have a pair Tricker's in black zug.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manifesto Clothing has a few pairs in lollipop red on a dainite sole.
Hello. Are you the one who bought the nubuck suede boots and had them resoled at the Shoe Healer Doncaster? If so, how are they holding up? I’m curious to know if the job they did is as good as Tricker’s and the ridgeway sole is the same quality as we usually find on the better Northampton shoes. Thanks.

Maio

Reaction score
Loooong drive today to Doncaster to collect these MTO beauties off Richard and Michelle at The Shoe Room. Really chuffed to get my three favourite leathers on one boot and the end result is stunning.

Can’t speak highly enough of the customer centric service received today. If it wasn’t for my 320 plus mile round trip I’d have still been talking to Richard about shoes!

Makes me even keener to get the black MTO offf the ground...

View attachment 1054793

View attachment 1054794

View attachment 1054795

Those look amazing Crafty. I actually texted Richard today to see if there was a pair left. Unfortunately not... Which also made me more keen on an MTO as well. I think I'll join the black kudu one anyways. I've googled around and the natural welt does not look too bad. I think the other details sound great too :)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Those look amazing Crafty. I actually texted Richard today to see if there was a pair left. Unfortunately not... Which also made me more keen on an MTO as well. I think I'll join the black kudu one anyways. I've googled around and the natural welt does not look too bad. I think the other details sound great too :)
Awesome fella,

Please contact Richard directly with your details and it’s on the list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads