• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Good price on those. Nice colour too, I’ve got the 1001 boot so resisted!

Snap! I've got a still boxed stow boot in 1001 that I was saving for this winter but since I also have a bourton in the same colour I decided to grab these and sell the stow. In size 10(UK) if anyone is interested?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ah, right. Looks a nice colour.
Lovely colour, especially with the burnished effect.

The Chelsea boots on their are the Lambourn in the same colour but minus the burnish effect, they fit quite small and are a bugger to get off!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a new drop of Tricker's on TK Maxx - I just grabbed a pair of tan Maltons (?) with commando sole.

Were the Maltons not burgundy? I have burgundy burnished stows, not sure if it’s the same but I really like the leather on mine.

They have espresso stows on commando sole which look nice. I often think espresso looks almost black but have seen some photos of aged espresso where lighter browns come through and I really like the look of it.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry i think I confused Maltons with Matlock there...

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
James?

The beechnut burnished is a lovely colour, leather soles a negative to me.

Beechnut on today!

View attachment 1037998

Like yourself, I’m not overly keen on the leather sole, even if it is a double. Also, what’s the quality going to be like? Why are Tricker’s supplying TKMAXX, without naming what the styles are? Are the lasts the same? Are they an inferior version? Or is it another example of Tricker’s trying to bring greater awareness to the brand? One thing I will say, I never see shoes like this when I visit a TKMAXX. Usually it’s pure rubbish.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Like yourself, I’m not overly keen on the leather sole, even if it is a double. Also, what’s the quality going to be like? Why are Tricker’s supplying TKMAXX, without naming what the styles are? Are the lasts the same? Are they an inferior version? Or is it another example of Tricker’s trying to bring greater awareness to the brand? One thing I will say, I never see shoes like this when I visit a TKMAXX. Usually it’s pure rubbish.
I’d think they probably come from a third party retailer reducing stock. Other alternatives would be raising awareness of the brand in limited quantities via a national retailer. I’d think the quality would be A rated but more likely the pile it high mentality means little to no awareness of product.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have seen Trickers on the website from time to time as well as Cheaney.

The Cheaney suspiciously look like they are made to a lesser standard a lot of the time. Recently they had the fiennes Veldtschoen boots but in what looked like corrected grain shiny leather and without leather heel stack.

The Trickers I have seen, although often not standard make ups, appear to be up to usual Trickers standards.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen the odd Trickers shoe in store but it is rare and the vast majority of the shoes are rubbish.

I have seen black stows, C shade Woodstock and black Bourtons within the last year.

Would have bought the Woodstock but they were too small and had a biro mark across toe which may have been hard to remove.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
Also, what’s the quality going to be like? Why are Tricker’s supplying TKMAXX, without naming what the styles are? Are the lasts the same? Are they an inferior version? Or is it another example of Tricker’s trying to bring greater awareness to the brand? One thing I will say, I never see shoes like this when I visit a TKMAXX. Usually it’s pure rubbish.

This is a concern since a TV documentary a few years ago highlighted that some well-known brands made stock specifically for the Maxx, but at lower than usual quality.
I can't imagine that Tricker's are doing it to raise brand awareness as it's not a great context for a quality product.

I can understand them getting a few pairs in unusual colours and odd sizes but they currently have good size runs of popular models.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a concern since a TV documentary a few years ago highlighted that some well-known brands made stock specifically for the Maxx, but at lower than usual quality.
I can't imagine that Tricker's are doing it to raise brand awareness as it's not a great context for a quality product.

I can understand them getting a few pairs in unusual colours and odd sizes but they currently have good size runs of popular models.
I now see even the Burford in tan is available, though the larger sizes are already gone. Somebody could get themselves decked out with all the classics from Tricker’s for less than £1000. Why would anyone in the know ever buy Tricker’s at full retail ever again? It does make you wonder if the company is in trouble.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I now see even the Burford in tan is available, though the larger sizes are already gone. Somebody could get themselves decked out with all the classics from Tricker’s for less than £1000. Why would anyone in the know ever buy Tricker’s at full retail ever again? It does make you wonder if the company is in trouble.

Had it been a Wetherby and in my size I would have gone for it.

Crockett & Jones seem very different in this respect and are rarely on sale

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine a retailer has gone out of business as surely Trickers would have sold these in their outlet not to T K Maxx.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have definitely seen sub standard Cheaney, Loake and Barker models but as I mentioned before the Trickers have always seemed up to the usual standard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads