• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

mikecch

Reaction score
The leather is a nice vegetable tan, and a slight break in the grain like that will smooth out with time and a little bit of leather food, nothing to worry about
smile.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Richard long wings from STP. They're on the W2298 last, same as the Paisleys which STP had a couple months ago. That splotchyness on the left shoe is emphasized by the flash. I think a polish should take care of it. In any case, it's not really visible in normal light.
stprichards.jpg

Burfords in Espresso from STP. In low light these appear black. Sort of odd, but the description on the box reads "Men's Espresso Burnished Super Boot". No mention of the Burford name. It's unclear to me what makes them super. They do have a brown dainaite sole. No tin of polish with either pair.

Originally Posted by rkusmant
Wow, this page is great, can't have enough Tricker's. My first Tricker's
20110521-IMG_0779.jpg

Questions to both of you good sirs: would you consider the Trickers longwing more of a casual shoe or a dress shoe? The Alden LWB kind of threads both territories and in my opinion is more of a casual shoe given that its made on the bulky barrie last. What are you thoughts?

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Questions to both of you good sirs: would you consider the Trickers longwing more of a casual shoe or a dress shoe? The Alden LWB kind of threads both territories and in my opinion is more of a casual shoe given that its made on the bulky barrie last. What are you thoughts?

Longwings are always casual shoes and these being tan boots with a natural coloured sole 100% means casual.

rkusmant

Reaction score
I think it's officially casual shoes but I rarely have to 'dress' up for work so I can say they're my dress boots too. If you keep them well maintained and polished, I don't see why they can't be regular dress shoe to many people.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
I think it's officially casual shoes but I rarely have to 'dress' up for work so I can say they're my dress boots too. If you keep them well maintained and polished, I don't see why they can't be regular dress shoe to many people.

Agreed. At times, I wear Indy boots as workwear since I work in a school primarily. But in terms of the strict definition of casual v dress, they are casual. In other words, I wouldn't wear them with a suit out except maybe tweed or corduroy.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Any one else noticed any 'starring' on the medallions? From my understanding, this could be the result of the holes not being punched cleanly and/or the upper pulled too tightly over the last. What are the odds this will worsen over time, i.e. the leather between the punches will split open? Thoughts?

100_5132.jpg

Is yours the left shoe?
Here's my left acorn Stow. Not really noticeable unless you get close and look for it.
I think there's about a 0% chance of it causing problems in the future.
Note they also have the medallion too far down the toe effect. At least the right matches in that respect.
badpunch.jpg

Funny though, the pair of marron Stow seconds I bought from their ebay shop also had problems with the holes on the left shoe. It was like they had been double punched and many of the holes had some tiny crescent shaped bits that hadn't come out. A tedious half hour with some tweezers and an xacto knife fixed them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR

I think the Trickers longwing shoes are no more or less dressy than the Alden LWBs. I'd wear them with the right kind of suit but like others have mentioned, LWBs skew casual.

The longwing boots are definitely in the casual space.

(Still not sure what space the BBBF navy/white LWBs fall into though.)

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Is yours the left shoe?
Here's my left acorn Stow. Not really noticeable unless you get close and look for it.
I think there's about a 0% chance of it causing problems in the future.
Note they also have the medallion too far down the toe effect. At least the right matches in that respect.
badpunch.jpg

Funny though, the pair of marron Stow seconds I bought from their ebay shop also had problems with the holes on the left shoe. It was like they had been double punched and many of the holes had some tiny crescent shaped bits that hadn't come out. A tedious half hour with some tweezers and an xacto knife fixed them.

Yup, the 'starring' issue on mine is with the left boot. Re your Acorn Stows, I think they're fine as the leather does not seem to have split anywhere as a result. Fwiw, the other punch holes on mine look just like that.

It's a bit unfortunate about the medallions being cut off by the welt though. I was told that it was more likely to happen on smaller sizes, which I don't consider yours to be.
confused.gif
We've discussed this matter before and I'm surprised no one else has brought it up.

Atm, the OCD in me is debating sending mine back to Pediwear for an exchange. I'm thinking that as minimal as the defect may be, I'll always be aware of it when I wear them. Plus, if the leather does eventually split there, I'll regret not having done anything about it when I had the opportunity to. I'm fully aware that these will get nicks and scrapes elsewhere, just like all my other footwear, but...

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

It's a bit unfortunate about the medallions being cut off by the welt though. I was told that it was more likely to happen on smaller sizes, which I don't consider yours to be.
confused.gif
We've discussed this matter before and I'm surprised no one else has brought it up.

Atm, the OCD in me is debating sending mine back to Pediwear for an exchange.

Good luck with that, I've found that the medallion is consistently cut off on certain models up to about size 9 UK. this means if you exchange for the same size, you will likely get the same cut off.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Good luck with that, I've found that the medallion is consistently cut off on certain models up to about size 9 UK. this means if you exchange for the same size, you will likely get the same cut off.

Actually, my Stows don't have that issue; I was careful to ask Pedi to check for it, which they did.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Does anyone have any trickers malton boots c-shade and trickers stow marron pictures side by side??

agbassano

Reaction score
Gotta say, they look great! My pair have an unsightly bulge - due to the tongue with the fold (I guess a water resistance/proofing measure)....

agbassano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lambchop
Cross post from Tricker's at Sierra Trading thread, these are the Derby Brogue boots.

Here's some photos of my Gold MC boots. As others have mentioned I found my Alden Barrie size to be the same as these. They are a little bit wider feeling, I would compare it to be the width difference between Barrie and Trubalance lasts. I took a photo of my size 10D Barrie pitt boot next to my 10 Tricker's boot for comparison.

I also tried on a 9.5 which was too snug. If one of my feet wasn't wider than the other it would have been really close.

I'm liking the Gold MC. As far as color name's go it sure sounds cooler than Nut Brown.

excuse the roll on my jeans, i was trying to get the full boot in there. the light is indoor flash/ dirty mirror...

IMG_3543-1.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3534-1.jpg

OOPS - referring to these...

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been listed for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure this has been posted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads