• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
Once this mystery is solved, we can move on to why the Asian market shoes are marked 1/2 size larger than they actually are.[/QUOTE]

Good point - buying from Asian retailers is a nightmare.
It would make more sense to mark shoes on the 4444 last as one size smaller.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
I’ve wondered why they do that. Have one style with different names that is.
Same with Stow and Malton.

I thought the Malton used to be a separate boot in the catalogue because it used Gorse Calf, which is a matte finish.

princealbert

Reaction score
I thought the Malton used to be a separate boot in the catalogue because it used Gorse Calf, which is a matte finish.

Yes you’re right, it used to be that the Keswick and Malton only came in C shade or black gorse calf. But Trickers started to make some MTOs for retailers in different leathers using the Keswick or Malton name which made things confusing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I looked back at old order emails and I have two pairs of Keswicks (a cordovan pair and a suede pair) and two pairs of Maltons (also cordovan and suede) that I'd been calling Bourtons and Stows. All four were from the Bureau Belfast.

batikk

Reaction score
Hi there! My first post as a Tricker's fan here on the forum. I have a quick question: does anyone know on which last(s) the Tricker's x Margaret Howell derbies are made? I am talking about these and these. I am guessing W2298 or maybe 4497s?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know 1) what model this shoe is and 2) is the sizing US or UK? These are marked Made in England. Thanks.
xYmvDV4.jpg

QeogftB.jpg

0mg4ymJ.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Peel off the heel liner to reveal where last and uk size is stamped.

2017-08-11_17-57-31_448-jpeg.827403

Last edited:

Richard Smith

Reaction score
Does anyone know 1) what model this shoe is and 2) is the sizing US or UK? These are marked Made in England. Thanks.
xYmvDV4.jpg

QeogftB.jpg

0mg4ymJ.jpg
Hate to disagree with the Guys, but you almost certainly have a MTO model there because........Although it is the same 'Pattern' as a Woodstock, the colour is almost certainly 'C Shade' which would make it a model 'Kendal'. However, it has Metal Ring Eyelets fitted, which means that it would not be given either name Kendal or Woodstock, as both those models had 'Blind' Eyelets fitted.
Just for info, when any detail of an Upper was changed from standard specification, it was given an identification Number instead of a name. This was so records could be kept and easily found if repeat orders in that specification were required.
Richard :)

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to disagree with the Guys, but you almost certainly have a MTO model there because........Although it is the same 'Pattern' as a Woodstock, the colour is almost certainly 'C Shade' which would make it a model 'Kendal'. However, it has Metal Ring Eyelets fitted, which means that it would not be given either name Kendal or Woodstock, as both those models had 'Blind' Eyelets fitted.
Just for info, when any detail of an Upper was changed from standard specification, it was given an identification Number instead of a name. This was so records could be kept and easily found if repeat orders in that specification were required.
Richard :)
Some serious observational skills when it comes to your Tricker’s, Richard. :)

Hope business is going well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graceoko