Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. engar

engar Senior member

First post, although I've read this forum twice[​IMG]) Didn't think I should until my Trickers X Leather Soul Stow Black Calf boots arrived (UK 9.5 perfect and I wear UK 10/US 11 in both Grenson and Mark McNairy New Amsterdam) Now let's see if I can get a few unboxing pics from my flickrset to display, but suffice to say these r some of the most high impact WOW kicks ive opened and then worn.

Great pics and thanks for share!
    How are the Trickers leather compared to Grenson? I found my Grensons leather a little stiff, but not uncomfortable.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Rippons, the next day. after a few polishings of oxblood, black and navy polish, Leather looks richer now, color deeper. Hate the way new boot leather looks. Once these crease up and the polish works its way into the leather they're gonna shine up awesome.

[​IMG]

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

amazingly, the monkey boots arrived a day earlier than I expected, awesome service from Retrickers!

they're seriously sick. As previously thought, they are the collab with Japanese shop Hummingbird Hill in Tokyo, as it's stamped on the insole as such. Dainite sole, orange cordovan. Color is a burnt orange which is rad, not a sunkist orange and has a finish similar to John Lobb museum calf, in that it's not a solid span of orange but has patches of depth like it's been antiqued. Apparently only 1 in each size was made for Hummingbird Hill, so I guess that means there are (2) size 7.5UK out there in the world.

someone asked about comparing the cordovan to Horween....seems fine, I dont know what else to say, no blatant differences in initial quality.

outdoor light
    [​IMG]

inside, a bit blurry but you get the idea
    [​IMG]

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

amazingly, the monkey boots arrived a day earlier than I expected, awesome service from Retrickers! they're seriously sick. As previously thought, they are the collab with Japanese shop Hummingbird Hill in Tokyo, as it's stamped on the insole as such. Dainite sole, orange cordovan. Color is a burnt orange which is rad, not a sunkist orange and has a finish similar to John Lobb museum calf, in that it's not a solid span of orange but has patches of depth like it's been antiqued. Apparently only 1 in each size was made for Hummingbird Hill, so I guess that means there are (2) size 7.5UK out there in the world. someone asked about comparing the cordovan to Horween....seems fine, I dont know what else to say, no blatant differences in initial quality. outdoor light [​IMG] inside, a bit blurry but you get the idea [​IMG]
    the socks [​IMG]

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

6. benbarren

benbarren Member

Great pics and thanks for share!
    How are the Trickers leather compared to Grenson? I found my Grensons leather a little stiff, but not uncomfortable.

I know Grenson get a bit of bad buzz sometimes but I like the brand's youthful price, innovative products and cheaper price[​IMG] I only have one pair - pictured - Archie Vibrams in Tan (got from Tres Bien) The leather is wearing beautifully, and they are super comfy overall. The Trickers as people say is in another class in that just the smell of new leather is so strong, the calf is so rigid. Just the weight of the package of the box is amazing. You can almost use the box for bicep curls [​IMG] I sense a long break in period with Trickers vs Grenson, but prob a longer payoff. Both have their place to me! Grenson on Facebook told me their Fred stomper boot in "August we will introduce Fred with a comando sole in both brown and Tan grain." - I'll be tempted by their Tan Grain commando given its around 150quid exc VAT. Unless The Bureau's equivalent appeals[​IMG]

7. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Two tone Keswicks:
    [​IMG]

very nice. Do you have any additional Tricker's in the pipeline? [​IMG]

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

both pairs are fab, GS!!!!

10. LeatherSOUL

very nice. Do you have any additional Tricker's in the pipeline? [​IMG]

Yes, just received two "Spring" Keswicks as well as the Stow in grey.

11. Renton

Renton Senior member

Yes, just received two "Spring" Keswicks as well as the Stow in grey.

Anything coming in a 6 width?

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the price range like for MTO Trickers? I want to get some stows made in a weird colored suede or something.

13. LeatherSOUL

Anything coming in a 6 width?

Sorry, we only order the 5 fitting unless special ordered.

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

mine were 380gbp

15. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

unable to load any of the LS sites...