• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

peeeeeejay

Reaction score
Any feedback on the Leo model? Thinking of getting them in caramel or polo kudu....

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
The Leos look great.

Can anyone briefly summarise the advantages of Kudu?

Other than the interesting looks, compared to calf is it;
More waterproof?
Harder wearing?
Softer?
Easir to maintain?
etc.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stow's

25021444_1710424492372229_208853539366109184_n.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Burgundy Kudu
The Leos look great.

Can anyone briefly summarise the advantages of Kudu?

Other than the interesting looks, compared to calf is it;
More waterproof?
Harder wearing?
Softer?
Easir to maintain?
etc.

Apparently don’t need polished as the leather developes a patina with age.

Not got mine yet as just ordered today.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I thought about it for too long and the caramel Leos in my size got snapped up.

I've spent too much on shoes recently, so this is probably a good thing.

*sulks*

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I thought about it for too long and the caramel Leos in my size got snapped up.

I've spent too much on shoes recently, so this is probably a good thing.

*sulks*
I woke my wife with
“Don’t get mad but I’ve ordered another two pairs of shoes....bye”!

Got the Grasmere (correct spelling of Cumbrian village) and the Leo! Yike

rose city mike

Reaction score
I've been lusting after a Leo in sign Kudu. And my size is available. Buuuut, I have been on a shoe/boot spree lately. Ugh. Responsibility vs gratification.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lusting after a Leo in sign Kudu. And my size is available. Buuuut, I have been on a shoe/boot spree lately. Ugh. Responsibility vs gratification.

I'll bite and be your enabler ;-).
Gratification now, responsibility later.
The only thing worse than buyer's remorse is non-buyer's remorse.
YOLO.
Hope this helps ;-).

smuj

Reaction score
Interesting discussion on kudu. I guess it is horses for courses but it leaves me a bit cold. Went to Jermyn Street to see for myself and it looked like it was from cows that had scratched up against every sharp fence in existence. Certainly the spec for the hide does not have to be as high as their normal leather. I may reconsider when I see old kudu but it is a no from me for now (but at least they have canned the mock-croc).

With boots as with jeans, there is no shortcut to age and patina in my opinion. I generally never like the boots that I buy in the shop but imagine how they will look in a few years. My favourite boots are Tricker's and C&J's I have had for nearly 20 years. There is another problem as I see it - buy too many boots (and lots of us are guilty of that) and there aren't enough days in the year to give each pair enough wear to generate the character and natural patina that only comes with wear (and polish trickery is not convincing or desirable in my eyes).

Having said all that I did snag a new pair of burgundy bishops in the sale. They will look cracking for the 2019/2020 season!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics