• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Dembowski

Reaction score
I have just purchased the Stow in Caramel Kudu from Country Attire and I am just wondering, which picture reflects the real colour:
1?
trickers_men_s_stow_brogue_boots_-_caramel_kudu_1.jpg
2?
_08i4057_high_res_69266.jpg
or 3?
5634_53_stow_side_original_66576.jpg

biglmbass

Reaction score
I've given thought to the Carmel Kudu Stows too. A google image search on that give us this. I'd prefer the color to be darker like the images that precede my post
STOW.JPG

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the logic/reasoning behind the naming of the kudu leather colors?
Polo kudu seems to be a dark brown as opposed to polo suede which is a golden tan with some orange thrown in.
Caramel seems a lot darker than what I envision as caramel.
And "sign" brings no mental image to me when used as the name of a color.

Anyway, Softee grain captoes today.
2017-12-04_15-49-23_103.jpeg

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I just bought this model called the Charles Black Box from the tricker's outlet site

http://trickersoutlet.com/outlet/mens/charles-black-box.html

(Made on the 4497s last, just like all my Stow ...)

All my Tricker's shoes are size 7 last E, exactly like this one, which is very narrow and small, it is not even possible to wear it.
Could it be a mistake according to you?
The model Charles would usually be built on the slightly closer fitting W2298 Last. It could be that, or possibly even a Japanese or US size you have there. If you want I to be sure, gently lift the Heel Cushion inside the boot, and you will see stamped there, the UK Size and Last Number the boots are made on .......Richard The Shoe Room Doncaster . If you need more info or help if I can, please send me an email to [email protected] or message mere here :)

Olderfellow

Reaction score
very narrow and small, it is not even possible to wear it

Yes, could be a Japanese model. Try Googling the model number and see if it comes up on any of the Japanese sites. I had this with a pair of 'Stows' once. Cramped and too tight on the instep. Googled the model number and found that they were for sale on the Japanese market.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Bought some Herring Bowness. Look stunning, made in Portugal not UK though. Tempted by Kudu which was available but bought lots of shoes recently!

Bowness randomly is a small town near me!
Different manufacturers but Grasmere is next to Bowness and famous for its โ€˜gingerbreadโ€™ which is like a biscuit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads