• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

lootbag

Reaction score
Just purchased my first pair of Trickers from a small local store here in Hong Kong.
Applied Saphir Renovateur on the leather and Super Invulner on the suede.
Wore them for the first full day and damn, a couple of my toes are sore, no cuts or blisters though.
Hope they break in asap and I didn't get the wrong size...

2017-05-11 10.04.20 1.jpg IMG_20170511_085610.jpg

Wrenkin

Reaction score
In my experience, if you got the wrong size in Trickers you would be limping.

badeggcat

Reaction score
Might be half size too small. Same thing happened for my first pair. It's wearable after awhile but nowhere as comfortable as my other pairs in the correct size.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased my first pair of Trickers from a small local store here in Hong Kong.
Applied Saphir Renovateur on the leather and Super Invulner on the suede.
Wore them for the first full day and damn, a couple of my toes are sore, no cuts or blisters though.
Hope they break in asap and I didn't get the wrong size...

View attachment 780108 View attachment 780109

Just to say, Loot, that I have three pairs of Boughton shoes. Given their very thick soles, they are taking an age to break in. It is no exaggeration to say that the first pair I bought, two years ago, are just about worn in. The soles don't 'bend' for a long time. But...I guess I wear a pair of mine every week or so and not always in strict rotation. If they are worn more often, no doubt they break in more quickly, although the usual mantra applies: don't wear them every day. With best wishes, Munky.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Anybody have any insight on whether the mahogany softee grain leather has a reddish hue or is more of a straight up mid brown?

I'm wondering whether the burgundy suede tongue I specified on my mto stows is going to clash horribly with the mahogany grain.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Suede over Morflex Chukkas.

2017-05-25_14-50-46_084.jpeg

dratty

Reaction score
Has anybody else been on trickers.com recently? All retail prices gone up - stow were costing £390, now £425. Also, their currency conversions are way off. Boots which are £425 stg are €595 when you enter region as EU. Today £425 equates to €487!!
I have seen dodgy conversions with many uk retailers in the past but this seems extortionate.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably don't want to undercut their retailers with the weak pound.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads