• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Canadianguy

Reaction score
I'm more a cap toe type of guy ;)
Here are my Tricker's X END Allan Cap toe Sienna Scotch Grain

View attachment 133287

Those look great MSAINT. Are those on the 4497s last?

I'm thinking an Eaton would be great in the tan burnished grain with commando or orange dainite. Do you guys think this would look good? I haven't seen an eaton in grain leather and I'm not very good at visualizing.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Some strange pricing at time of writing on Tricker's main site. Good if you want to grab a pair of Woodstocks... Two different prices for Burford Marron.
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.05.23.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.10.38.jpg

Richard Smith

Reaction score
Some strange pricing at time of writing on Tricker's main site. Good if you want to grab a pair of Woodstocks... Two different prices for Burford Marron. View attachment 135680 View attachment 135681

For those that don't already know, Tricker's have a price increase effective 1st May.
Boots going to 425gbp (354.16gbp ex Vat), and Shoes in the Country Collection up to 395gbp (329.16gbp ex Vat). In the City Collections, shoes going to 375gbp (312.50gbp Ex Vat).

There are also several changes effective in the stock model line-up, and so far from the information I have are as follows;

The 'Stow' Boot now includes the colour 'C Shade' and is available with Double Leather Sole or Dainite Sole, and all are Width Fitting 5.
The only Fitting 6 option now is 'Malton/1' in colour C Shade with Commando Sole, Fitting 6 only.

The Bourton model line-up now includes Colour 'C Shade' and Black Calf, and both available in Double Leather Sole or Dainite Sole, all again Width Fitting 5 only.
The only Fitting 6 option now is 'Keswick/1' with Commando Sole.

The Plain Derby style 'Woodstock' shoe is now available with Double Leather or Dainite Sole options.

The Plain Derby style Boots 'Burford', are also available now with Double Leather or Dainite Sole options.

Hope this is of some interest and helps Guys, and if you would like more information, please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]

Richard.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
MSAINT, I didn't mean to suggest that you organize a gmto, merely to help decide the specific details of the make up! I trust your judgement as a man who knows his boots. ;)

However, I'm pretty enamored with this particular make up:

View attachment 133218

Might just go it alone unless as you say Richard can drum up some additional interested parties.

I have asked the factory for Swatches of the Conker Grained Calf and Mahogany Softee Grained Calf as possible alternatives to the Siena Scotch Grain. Only my own personal preference and opinion of course, but I think Siena needs time and polish before it becomes a more attractive colour ;-/

Richard Smith

Reaction score

MSAINT, that sounds good to me. You can take the lead on this one being the Tricker's veteran. I'm like a kid in a candy shop - I want it all. Which boot style would be your preference?

Guessing we'd need four more to make this happen though right? Anybody else interested?

The factory moved the goalposts a while ago, and now 12 pairs or more are a 'Bulk Order' and so exempt from MTO premiums. Remember all specification for Bulk Orders has top be exactly same except size.
If you guys come up with something very attractive that I might be able to move, I could always be interested in taking a few pairs for my own stock :)

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on (and feet in) a pair of Tricker's. A very helpful vendor agreed to send me a pair of acorn stows to determine my 4497s size for a custom order. Turns out the 6.5 UK fitting 5 fits me pretty well! Cost me a fair bit to send them back but it was worth it to confirm my size.

I will be mto'ing a pair of stows or eatons in a lighter shade of calf or grain (however the coffee looks great). Anybody have a suggestion for which shade of calf would be most similar to teck cordovan? At this point I'm considering the mc gold or burnished tan grain. Acorn is cool but a little loud and orangey for my personal style.
The make up will be casual with natural welt and dainite or commando sole and I might add details like suede tongue and colorful lining.

Any insight/suggestions for my first Tricker's mto would be appreciated!

Gold MC definitely for me the closest in colour to the original Teck Cordovan, and for what it is worth a very nice leather too. Gets very soft and supple with a little wear, and the Patina can be changed and enhanced with careful polishing :)

Olderfellow

Reaction score
More rumours... I hear Tricker's may be adding a Veldtschoen boot to its catalogue later in the year, priced £600+

Hey! Who's stolen my rep medals!? They were there last time I looked. Give them back!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More rumours... I hear Tricker's may be adding a Veldtschoen boot to its catalogue later in the year, priced £600+

Hey! Who's stolen my rep medals!? They were there last time I looked. Give them back!

Yes! Who stole the rep medals? We worked hard for those!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics