Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So after following this thread for a long time and seeing some great boots posted, I finally dived into the Tricker family with the Eaton in Coffee boots with natural welt on Dainite sole from Re-Tricker on ebay. They are a UK 7.5, 5 fitting and I got the sizing right on the first try. I'm an 8D on Alden Barrie, 8.5D Alden Truebalance, 7UK in Paul Smith and Grenson for some references.

As beautiful as these babies are, I'm not sure they're working as well with my wardrobe as I had hoped so sadly they may be hitting the sale thread soon. We'll see. Anyway, onto the pics. Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

^ tonio028, if you have some raw denim jeans or chinos you can't sell those beauties as they marry perfectly with a neat casual style! Those are absolute keepers![​IMG]

4. onetwozoo

onetwozoo Well-Known Member

So good tonio028. I bet you'll be able to make them work with your wardrobe.

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

^ tonio028, if you have some raw denim jeans or chinos you can't sell those beauties as they marry perfectly with a neat casual style! Those are absolute keepers![​IMG]
    i dunno- trickers are fantastic quality (and i have another pair on order)but i do find them often a bit clunky looking for a lot of my everyday fits. i wear petit standards a lot and stow boots dont marry too well IMO. i bought some barker harrisons which are a bit sleeker and work much better. to me trickers work well as an 'urban commando' type look, with cropped chinos. some people like get smart seem more successful in incorporating them into their wardrobe but he has a very particular look.

6. velomane

velomane Senior member

i dunno- trickers are fantastic quality (and i have another pair on order)but i do find them often a bit clunky looking for a lot of my everyday fits. i wear petit standards a lot and my stow boots dont marry too well IMO. i bought some barker harrisons which are a bit sleeker and work much better.

What size are you in the Harrisons? What size are you in a pair of Tricker Stows? Any chance you know your size in Alden Barrie/Trubalance?

Mike

7. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

Awesome boots tonio. They look mighty versatile if you ask me. I just got a pair of Maltons from retricker and am loving it.

8. robinsongreen68

What size are you in the Harrisons? What size are you in a pair of Tricker Stows? Any chance you know your size in Alden Barrie/Trubalance? Mike
    TTS in both. stows are a little wider, barkers are a little longer, but not enough to size up/down for me. sorry no idea about aldens, they're hard to come by in the UK. id love to see more full length pics of people incorporating trickers into their fits, although perhaps that belongs in WAYWT.

9. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

I, personally, love the "gentleman farmer" look they have but it's true that they are more "roots" than a pair of Crockett & Jones boots even more than a superb Edward Green pair of boots...

It's just a question of taste as I really enjoy wearing (comfort and look) my 5 pairs of Tricker's.

They're perfect with UK moleskin, tweed or Carhart roper pants, perfect with chinos and work pants, ideal with Japanese fabric denim (Edwin Sen, Atelier la Durance, Denim Demon, Nom de Guerre, Nudie...) or sweat shop made rigid/selvage demin such as Original Penguin or Levis. The only thing I need to do is choose a pair it's even easier for me that picking pants in the morning!

It's just me, they are completely and totally my style! [​IMG]

But I like wearing my Grenson, Heschung and Red Wing boots as well but apart from de 877 RW they are the most comfortable shoes I own, Tricker's last fits me like a pair of sleepers! [​IMG]

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

As beautiful as these babies are, I'm not sure they're working as well with my wardrobe as I had hoped so sadly they may be hitting the sale thread soon. We'll see. Anyway, onto the pics. Enjoy.

You'll regret selling them.
    Or as MSAINT might say
    [​IMG]

11. velomane

velomane Senior member

TTS in both. stows are a little wider, barkers are a little longer, but not enough to size up/down for me. sorry no idea about aldens, they're hard to come by in the UK.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know.

12. robinsongreen68

as requested, trickers malton v barker harrisonz [​IMG]

13. robinsongreen68

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just picked these up from Tonio028, thanks again, bud!

15. robinsongreen68

group shot, clockwise: trickers x ps coffee, trickers ripon c shade, barker harrison cedar calf, trickers malton c shade (just arrived from retricker- not sure if to keep them or not..) [​IMG]