1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

^^^ Those look nice, would be better if they were darker (I just can't make myself like the really light tan colour).

2. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

White brogue from Present London, dainite sole
    [​IMG]

anyone else a fan?

Love these.

3. Mr. Tweed

Mr. Tweed Well-Known Member

Dear all,

Although I am mostly in the Men's clothing part for SF, I thought I might chime in to this thread. Working as the Scandinavian agent for Tricker's we do see some nice collabs, and I would like to share this with you:

[​IMG]

The shoe is a Tricker's and Nitty Gritty collaboration for SS10. It shows, I would say, a very successful attempt to rightfully bring back the American buck shoe to its cradle on the British Isles. An off-white suede derby brogue on a natural colour flat welt single leather sole. Rule Britannia, I say!

Enjoy your Tricker's,

Mr. Tweed

4. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

I like it but I'm not sure about the Keswick/Bourton on a single sole... I don't think the country lasts lend themselves to anything less than a double leather sole. But that's a matter of opinion of course.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Don't let those Alden guys see that eyelet alignment.
    Seriously though, I really like those blue ones except I can't stand those contrasting eyelets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

^^ funny. the contrasting eyelets are the dealmaker for me (as well as the contrast white laces that come standard). If they had self color I wouldnt be as into them.

7. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior member

I'm new to the SF and every time I turn around there is something else making me salivate! You are all the DEVIL!!!! Why can't my job pay me more?!?!?!?!?!? Anyone wanna hire me...

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I saw some great teal Trickers boots at Jack Straw, but they were $750, which is ridiculous for Trickers boots. Argh.. want them. Anyone know who else might have those?

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I saw some great teal Trickers boots at Jack Straw, but they were $750, which is ridiculous for Trickers boots. Argh.. want them. Anyone know who else might have those?

Maybe ask these guys although I don't see any options I'd call teal.
    https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker..._Made_Options/

10. Mr. Tweed

Mr. Tweed Well-Known Member

I like it but I'm not sure about the Keswick/Bourton on a single sole... I don't think the country lasts lend themselves to anything less than a double leather sole. But that's a matter of opinion of course.

Well, that is just about what we told them when discussing this collab, but Nitty Gritty persisted. But they were right, dropping the storm welt and using a single sole made these the nicest looking bucks I've ever seen. That is what makes these collabs interesting, I think, bringing out unexpected qualities of Tricker's.

Yours,
    Mr. Tweed

11. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Do you guys carry Trickers at LSBH? It might be the only store I can try on a pair to see how it is sizing-wise.

13. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Do you guys carry Trickers at LSBH? It might be the only store I can try on a pair to see how it is sizing-wise.

You could always go with the custom made ones at https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/ they also offer free shipping for order of 150 GBP or more.

14. LeatherSOUL

No, sorry, only LSW.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You could always go with the custom made ones at https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/ they also offer free shipping for order of 150 GBP or more.

I want to experience the shoe first hand before jumping to that.

No, sorry, only LSW.

Any future plans to carry it though? Or is there some strict law that prohibits it from being sold in a retail store in Cali?

16. jet

jet Senior member

LSW?

You need to have stuff her broham.

17. LeatherSOUL

Any future plans to carry it though? Or is there some strict law that prohibits it from being sold in a retail store in Cali?

Not sure, depends on the interest. I would say 80% yes at this point.

LSW?

You need to have stuff her broham.

English please.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Sounds good, with this thread and several people in Cali looking to check out Trickers like me, I am sure the interest is pretty good. Jason might become a frequent customer too, it's only a few blocks from the big pink store.

19. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Sounds good, with this thread and several people in Cali looking to check out Trickers like me, I am sure the interest is pretty good. Jason might become a frequent customer too, it's only a few blocks from the big pink store.

Yeah the interest I would say is pretty good, the thing about some online stores they don't really do a very good job at photographing their Trickers or for any case any English made shoes but you guys do a great job.

20. jet

jet Senior member

Not sure, depends on the interest. I would say 80% yes at this point.

English please.

haha typo, meant you need to have stuff here we can check out

there is nowhere to buy trickers, you should bring them to LA