Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior member

That sole is awful!!! makes shoe awful!

+1

So ugly!

2. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

what the above shoes should look like

^ Couldn't agree more! [​IMG]

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

it kinda reminds me of a bad basketball shoe, in which case y not spend less and get an ugly basketball shoe

4. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

5. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Question about coloring for the Trickers regent in beechnut burnished:

Which color is more accurate? Is the shoe dark brown or chesnut? I really can't tell considering various pictures seem to show very different complexions.

This color:

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/product...931&imgstate=2

or:

[​IMG]

Actually, neither color accurately represents what those looked like irl. That pic, along with my other ones, were taken outdoors on a really sunny day and I didn't adjust hue/saturation afterwards... I'd say color is most like a really light brown/tan, without any hint of an orange hue, unlike what my pic suggests. Shoehealer pics are waaaaaaaaay too dark.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That sole is awful!!! makes shoe awful!

No way. The wedge crepe sole makes that boot. The other one is okay, but not nearly as interesting.

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

No way. The wedge crepe sole makes that boot. The other one is okay, but not nearly as interesting.

you are joking, the tricker's crepe in white is awful

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Are you people serious? (big pic!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

you are joking, the tricker's crepe in white is awful

No, I stand by what I said. I've seen Trickers worn well several ways. One is the way I wear mine - sort of like an urban commando boot. Ironically, the commando sole is not the best for this. The crepe or the white Vibram sole (either the foam the the non-foam version) seem to work best for this. The vibram sole has been more trendy, but I think that you can't go wrong with crepe. I've also seen it worn in a modish type of way, and that works well on a more traditional sole. More popular is the country gentleman look, and that is bordering on cosplay, but imo, if you don't go all the way, there, you are probably just going to end up looking dull. And I, for one, do not want to look dull.

Pair the crepe sole with a slimmer pair of jeans or pants, and you get a really cool, distinctive silhouette. Never dull.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

No, I stand by what I said. I've seen Trickers worn well several ways. One is the way I wear mine - sort of like an urban commando boot. Ironically, the commando sole is not the best for this. The crepe or the white Vibram sole (either the foam the the non-foam version) seem to work best for this. The vibram sole has been more trendy, but I think that you can't go wrong with crepe. I've also seen it worn in a modish type of way, and that works well on a more traditional sole. More popular is the country gentleman look, and that is bordering on cosplay, but imo, if you don't go all the way, there, you are probably just going to end up looking dull. And I, for one, do not want to look dull.

Pair the crepe sole with a slimmer pair of jeans or pants, and you get a really cool, distinctive silhouette. Never dull.

Disagree, the white crepe and the fact that its not even cut out to look like a sole of a normal shoe makes it very unattractive, at this rate even the alden crepe sole looks better (and i have issues with alden). if i wore those shoes anywhere i'd get laughed at, and i love trickers just that crepe sole could be corrected by 1. being darker, 2. having the shape of a sole
    in this current look, its very painful on the eyes,
    lets just agree to disagree, and admit we like trickers

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

gonna have to disagree with above and agree with fok

crepe sole looks great, such a nice change from the usual boring ish

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Saying that the a crepe wedge sole doesn't look like a sole is pretty ridiculous. I agree with everything Fok has said, though I like the Vibram white soles over the crepe. All the other Trickers are alright, but they aren't really interesting at all. Like people creaming their pants over the subtle differences of coffee, chocolate, blahblah whatever colorways was pretty funny when there are so many other awesome Trickers out there.

13. BAUER

BAUER Active Member

i just love the look of the brogue boot with that double crepe sole

I think they are the Hip ones

they are maybe less classic but in the flesh they are beautiful

i was really into the vibram thingy but the crepe sole is a nice alternative

14. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

I think the crepe looks fine, but perhaps the edges could be a little more polished?
    The rough, off-white edge is a little too much contrast to the smooth, oiled-tanned calf leather.

For those who have a well worn crepe pair, could we have some comments on the rebuildability of the soles?

15. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

Crepe are really comfy but they soak all the dirt/mud from the outside and soil everything you walk on once in a house/office... [​IMG] In this case and in my opinion it transforms a beautiful pair of brogue boots in a hideous mix of styles, a real frankenboot! [​IMG] Regarding the flat white sole I like my classic Red Wings 877 much better, unchanged look since the 50's. [​IMG]