Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Superdenim X Trickers trampers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement laces for some Stow's? I have seen them on Rakuten, but was hoping someone in the UK or US would also stock them.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

i know this is a trickers thread, but compared to trickers how is the barker quality, seems similar in pic, thoughts
    First impressions of the barker harrisons are very favourable- i'm not an expert but leather quality seems roughly equal to my stows, although construction is slightly less robust (they don't have the extra 'collar' of leather in the shaft, for example). However i think they are a very sturdy boot, ManofKent has a pair which he says have held up well. The guy at Herring also told me they have a stormwelted waterproof lining which should be useful in London. As to sizing, i went TTS on both stows and harrisons. The barkers seem to run slightly bigger but i'm not sure it would be enough to consider sizing up/down, although i have a fairly wide foot so YMMV. with my japan-only trickersxps
    [​IMG]

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

i know this is a trickers thread, but compared to trickers how is the barker quality, seems similar in pic,
    thoughts

With respect to the Tricker's thread, I, too, would like to know, as I have a pair on order with Robinson's in Northern Ireland. Also, if I'm a UK7.5F in the Barker boot, what do you suppose would fit me in a Stow boot?

Mike

First impressions of the barker harrisons are very favourable- i'm not an expert but leather quality seems roughly equal to my stows, although construction is slightly less robust (they don't have the extra 'collar' of leather in the shaft, for example). However i think they are a very sturdy boot, ManofKent has a pair which he says have held up well. The guy at Herring also told me they have a stormwelted waterproof lining which should be useful in London.
    As to sizing, i went TTS on both stows and harrisons. The barkers seem to run slightly bigger but i'm not sure it would be enough to consider sizing up/down, although i have a fairly wide foot so YMMV.

with my japan-only trickersxps

As someone who owns both Barker & Tricker boots (although not Stows), I'd pretty much second what robinsongreen says. I think the leather quality on Tricker's is slightly better, but not by a huge margin (needs conditioning slightly more often), and whilst construction on the Barker's is perfectly good, the Tricker's construction is slightly better. Tricker's are purely made in England whereas I believe (but don't know for certain) that the Barker has the uppers cut in India with the construction in England. There's about £100 price difference. Is it worth it? Difficult to say - the law of diminishing returns always kicks in - I'm happy with both for the prices I paid.

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

White Aniline Brogue (Present London) [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

8. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I'm digging these custom Stows:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I've bought three pairs from Tricker's ebay shop.
    They ship 2 day DHL. I've not had to pay any customs/fees.
    They also refund VAT.

[​IMG]
    I spoke too soon. Got a bill from DHL today for $40. At least they only charge $6 in fees unlike the $30 or so fedex charges.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

fok are these yours?

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...ford_2198.html

not feeling that welt or lace color but not bad

seenmys was pretty ideal i think

Yeah, those are mine. Pete actually posted that earlier. Thanks.

I liked seenmys, but I wanted a darker grey, and I hate fast lacing systems.

I do actually have better pictures, but my stupid camera doesn't want to talk to my computer. Not sure what the issue is, exactly. However, I've promised a few people to post pictures and reviews, so I'll try to get that working on the weekend. The real color of the suede is not yellow cast, but more of a blue grey, and lined in navy aniline, which, at least for me, makes the boot. I like the laces, but I'd be open to suggestions (switching lacings can make for really different looks.) Anyone have any suggestions?

11. Renton

Renton Senior member

I've noticed that not many people talk about the 6 width when it comes to Tricker's. I tried the Tricker's not stows from Sierra Trading Post and I found the 10.5 to have the perfect length but be too narrow. I was hoping to find a domestic vendor for Tricker's to try on the 6 width but neither LeatherSoul nor that shop in New York stocks them.

So I've got a few questions.

1. Which last was the Not-Stow boot on?
    2. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the 6 width? I know the Malton and Keswick are available in 6 but I'm not too interested in playing the returns game with overseas vendors.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

12. rabiesinfrance

rabiesinfrance Senior member

A picture of these beauties arrived in my inbox five minutes ago and it took approximately 60 seconds before the battle of desire over financial sense was over: [​IMG]
    Lovely boots! What last are those on? What's the leather type - oiled suede? Sole unit? Cheers

13. kanukki

kanukki Active Member

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Lovely boots!

What last are those on?

What's the leather type - oiled suede?

Sole unit?

Cheers

I think the last is 4497 but that's from memory.

Standard suede.

Vibram Gumlite.

15. chroMe

chroMe Senior member