Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

anyone?

Thanks

My guess would be a UK 7.5 standard width based on your fit in AE, but it depends on which AE last you're comparing with which Tricker's last...

2. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

anyone?

Thanks

I wear my Red Wing 877 and my Thorogood in 7 and my Tricker's (Malton x2 and MTO Grassmere) in 6.5 E.

3. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Kinda flattered, Richard put up a picture of my Kelmscotts at his Country Collection page at Shoehealer. https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/userfil...ges/001(1).jpg https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...ry_Collection/ Waxy commander leather, olive canvas for the vamp and quarters, red calf for the lining, storm welt and dainite sole. The picture on Shoehealer's page has the colors all washed out, the actual colours are pretty rich. Especially very happy with the waxy commander leather. Possibly should've gone with a painted welt, but the natural is growing on me. Can't wait to wear these outside when the weather permits it. Tried these out a couple of times, but the dainite sole is murder when there's snow on the ground.

4. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

Johnny, post some of your own pics when you get the chance! I always find Richard's pics don't do the shoes justice with their washed out colors.

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

First wear of my Olive suede 'Brad' Logger boots:

[​IMG]

The suede and gumlite soles make them extremely comfy. Not had gumlite before, not sure how hardwearing it will be...

6. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

^^^Here you go:
    Also a gray suede version:

[​IMG]

Picked up the Trickers x Ted Bakers wingtip in tan, wish I had picked up the grey suede as well.

7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

which do you guys think is the more versatile (or just nicer) shade for a pair of stow boots (to be worn with raw denim about 95% of the time), c shade or antique acorn? first reactions are that acorn is a little bright, c shade a little orange-y, but i'm guessing they will darken over time...

8. meso

meso Senior member

which do you guys think is the more versatile (or just nicer) shade for a pair of stow boots (to be worn with raw denim about 95% of the time), c shade or antique acorn? first reactions are that acorn is a little bright, c shade a little orange-y, but i'm guessing they will darken over time...

I prefer c-shade but you're right, acorn darkens nicely over time. Neither is a color you see too much of in the states, so mine definitely stand out, which I like.

Just be careful with raw denim... despite the pics you see in catalogs pairing dark jeans with light shoes, the dye can rub off on lighter leathers... so cuff, or some tape the edges. I do the former option over the latter.

9. sf_esq

sf_esq Senior member

Anyone own any Trickers on the 81 last? Trying to figure out my sizing so that I can order a pair of MTO boots. I know my size in CJ, so if anyone can provide any insight, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

both are good you wont go wrong, i lean towards darker colors, so maybe the c-shade, however i own coffee colored trickers and i think they look fantastic, i also think espresso is a great color

11. velomane

velomane Senior member

[​IMG]
    anyone interested?

What color are these?

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Does anyone know of a sleek tricker boot that can work with a suit? I haven't seen or found one... any ideas

14. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Does anyone know of a sleek tricker boot that can work with a suit? I haven't seen or found one... any ideas

the stephen boot maybe...

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member