• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
MM I'm interested to hear that you are a big fan of 1001. I have just ordered a pair of boots in that colour and was wondering if I had done the right thing - hopefully I will like it as much as you do.

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
MM I'm interested to hear that you are a big fan of 1001. I have just ordered a pair of boots in that colour and was wondering if I had done the right thing - hopefully I will like it as much as you do.

I am sure that you haven't made a mistake princealbert. I have a pair of MTO Henrys in 1001 ... they just get nicer and nicer. This is an early pic:

I also bought the Missus a pair of MTO Stephys in 1001:

Just need to find something for the cat now!

MM

princealbert

Reaction score
Wow MM! Looking good, looking very good.

Will try and post some pics of my 9 eyelet boots in 1001 when they arrive.

princealbert

Reaction score
They are not an individual MTO, but an MTO that Pediwear have had made up which they call Hoylake on the 81 last.

I see from the most recent Shoehealer newsletter that Richard is doing a similar bulk MTO in Cofffee and in 1001 on the 2298 last.

By the way Pediwear have a 20% off Black Friday offer that is happening today and which includes Tricker's - definitely worth taking a look.

Mighty Morris

Reaction score
They are not an individual MTO, but an MTO that Pediwear have had made up which they call Hoylake on the 81 last.

I see from the most recent Shoehealer newsletter that Richard is doing a similar bulk MTO in Cofffee and in 1001 on the 2298 last.

By the way Pediwear have a 20% off Black Friday offer that is happening today and which includes Tricker's - definitely worth taking a look.

Ah, yes ... my Henrys and my partner's Stephys were MTO make-ups through Shoe Healer.

Those Hoylakes will burnish beautifully.

20% off is a good deal ... very tempting but I am just not in the market for boots right now. Also (whisper it on here) but my next purchase is likely to be a pair of C&J Snowdons.

MM

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks to Richard for adding to my shell rainbow!!!

Were those the pair on his Clearance page, size 9? I fought the urge to buy them several times. I sort of regret that I didn't.

inn8chiro

Reaction score

Were those the pair on his Clearance page, size 9?  I fought the urge to buy them several times.  I sort of regret that I didn't.

No sir, these are 8.5 . they were a group mto, or Thats what i thought Richard told me

princealbert

Reaction score
New Tricker's Hoylake in 1001 burnished calf from Pediwear. Basically a 9 eyelet boot on the 81 last.

I've been itching to get a pair of these after Zippy posted some pictures of similar pair that he owns on the 81 last. I was particularly wanted to find something with blind eyelets. These have a mix of eyelets and speedhooks similar to the C&J Coniston.

A more pointed toe but still plenty of room in the toe box.

I'm seriously pleased with these.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that is a great looking boot! anyone know the difference between 2298 last and 81 last? they look awfully similar

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Orange cordovan Stows.

Compared to a few year old cap toe.

princealbert

Reaction score
I agree the 2298 and 81 fit pretty much the same - both true to (UK) size.

See below for a comparison - the Robert shoe on the right is on the 2298. The boot on the 81 last has a slightly more pointy toe. Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sophiadancini