• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody have a pair of trickers for paul smith brogue boots? are they on the same last as the stow, if so?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
anybody have a pair of trickers for paul smith brogue boots? are they on the same last as the stow, if so?

Get Smart has some. They're in the first post of this thread.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah thanks, just found that. pm'd him.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how the PS version differs from the Stow. Please post once you've found out more.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
weirdness re sizing.
Got my maltons a month or so ago. Size felt perfect, slightly roomy, nice to wear with mid weight socks. Didnt wear them for a while, and now the left boot feels on the small side, with light weight socks! or it feels slightly short. WTF has happened, boot shrunk in the cold, or my feet have freakishly grown?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I'm curious to know how the PS version differs from the Stow. Please post once you've found out more.

look at the pic

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
look at the pic

they've got more brogue detailing. its the sizing/last that i'm hoping to find out about. i've been told they may run a little smaller than regular stows.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
look at the pic
you're a winner.
sarcasm.gif

Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
they've got more brogue detailing. its the sizing/last that i'm hoping to find out about. i've been told they may run a little smaller than regular stows.

That, I could see, but I assumed there might just be a bit more differentiation to substantiate a PS appropriation.

slappy

Reaction score
Got my STP Trickers boots. Sizing seems to be similar to Alden Barrie last (i.e. 10.5UK = 10.5US in Barrie). Great boots on a nice last, the finishing quality on these is very high and the leather is very nice feeling. Honestly I'd be hard pressed to say I prefer the boots made by Alden (except the Cordovan stuff). For 299 these are damn hard to beat.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
weirdness re sizing.
Got my maltons a month or so ago. Size felt perfect, slightly roomy, nice to wear with mid weight socks. Didnt wear them for a while, and now the left boot feels on the small side, with light weight socks! or it feels slightly short. WTF has happened, boot shrunk in the cold, or my feet have freakishly grown?

I noticed that about the fit of shoes and boots. If they feel perfect, fit like glove, when you first put them on they start feeling too small after a short time. If they feel roomy when you first put them on in time your feet seem to expand to fill them up. That's probably what happened to you.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^those looked delish, sinned.

'know what Nopike meant. the Maltons i got fit about right [w/medium weight socks] when i 1st got them. 'twas beginning of winter, so i initially applied a coat of Obenauf & blowdryed [to evenly spread & expedite absorption], then packed them away in original box for spring. 'got them out over the weekend to try on & they were a tad tight up front. i currently wear them with thinner dress socks til they stretch out.

zz069.jpg

FCx9combs-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads