1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gr789

gr789 Senior member

Oops, poor grammar bites me again! To quote Bart Simpson, "Doh!"

2. Munky

Munky Senior member

Having enjoyed my bright red Bourton's, the local shop has just e-mailed me to say that the green ones have just come in! A night without sleep, if I don't take some Valium!

3. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Simply marvelous.

4. mrminute

mrminute New Member

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I purchased these Roberts in Coffee Burnished. I wore them approximately three times and used Meltonian neutral shoe cream after the first wear. On the third wear I noticed they were incredibly light in the scuffed areas and underneath the shoelace marks. I thought i’d brush them off and give it a once over with a damp cloth. After some circling I discovered the entire burnishing was coming off on the cloth.
    Stupidly I tried to match the shitty patch and do the entire shoes evenly so basically I’ve ended up with this result. I understand that these are supposed to be burnished but I own Loakes and Sanders and i've never come across this before.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Munky

Munky Senior member

I have just taken delivery of my beautiful, green, Boughtons, to go with my red pair. On their web page, they describe the red leather as 'calf leather' and the green leather as 'analine leather'. Given that these leathers are both described on the same page of their website, what is the distinction they are making here? One noticeable difference between the two is that lots of colour transfers to a cloth, on the red pair and hardly any does on the green pair. Kindest regards, Munky.

6. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

huh this is odd. but I like the "museum"-ish finish you got going in the second pic

7. sleepyinsanfran

the red ones are likely "crust calf" with a red surface finish, and the green ones (aniline dyed) are 'struck-through' (i.e. dyed all the way through)...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  8. AnOxymoron

AnOxymoron Senior member

Those are lovely, where can I find them?

9. Munky

Munky Senior member

Thanks for this, Sleepy.

10. mrminute

mrminute New Member

I got them from Pediwear. I wouldn't purchase these again considering they cost £375 and the leather completely changes once wet. They are really supportive in the sole. Just a bit shit on the upper.

11. sleepyinsanfran

Glad to be of help Munky. As an aside I admire your cojones for venturing into bolder colors, given that the boldest color I can pull off is acorn!

1 person likes this.
  12. Munky

Munky Senior member

This is a photo, from the internet, of a pair of shoes identical to my new, green, Trickers.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Munky

Munky Senior member

Does anyone know if Tricker's make shoes for Sander's (or vice versa)? Tricker's and Sander's seem to offer very similar, coloured, brogues that look pretty much identical. Except that the Tricker's are much more expensive. Having bought two pairs of the former, I hope the differences are in terms of quality and/or build of the shoes. To satisfy my OCD tendencies, I spent a good hour, this morning, comparing photos. There are small differences...but...
    Yours, steeped in neuroses, Munky.

14. Munky

Munky Senior member

To partly answer my own question, having looked further into it, I think I can see that the Tricker's are of better quality and build.

1 person likes this.
  15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

No. They are different companies, each with their own factory. Sanders does make shoes for other companies: Mark McNairy and, at least at one point, Oliver Spencer.

16. Munky

Munky Senior member

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Apologies for the cross post from the Carmina thread, but I was hoping someone could help me make a decision...

The Tricker's in the US retail for $675 but are available at around half that. The Carmina on the other hand retail for $367 and are available shipped (not inc. import taxes & fees) for $276. Is there a big difference in quality that should make me choose Tricker's over Carmina?

Cheers.

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I assume those are STP Tricker's.

I'd tend towards the Carminas if you know your sizing. You can figure about 8.5% customs/duty + some Fedex fee of $7-20. Maybe less if you can get Carmina to declare them as "goodyear welted footwear" since that's around 5%.

The Tricker's have the advantage of easy return to STP. Dunno about NY, but STP has started to charge WA state sales tax.

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yes they're the STP's. Does this make them a bad choice, are the STP's made to a lower quality than usual? Yes tax to NY is $30.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

They might be made to a lower standard though but for the price (with coupon) they're okay. Hard to say. I've got a pair of the chukkas in the lighter sand color.
    Mostly I like the Carmina last better for something like a chukka.