1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Very nice. I often have the same dilemma when casually dressed: tuck in my shirt, or forego displaying the excellence of my belt. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. iPetronius

iPetronius Member

Those Allan boots are looking good there

3. Munky

Munky Senior member

The shirt-in or -shirt out issue is one of the most difficult to deal with, since Welt worry. For years I have worn them out. From what I see on the net, this is largely a crime. And my age must be considered in any decision I make. I am planning a whole summer (such as it is) to wearing in. I am thinking of dark blue chinos, red Tricker's and a white shirt. tucked in, for one day each week.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Dint wanna [waist];) the opportunity to show off my Equus AusNut English Bridle

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  5. BostonHedonist

Oh dear Munky, let's not rehash the great Welt War. Too many good men came unstitched.

My rule with the tuck is: if it has a collar or a layer over it, it's generally tucked in. Otherwise, dealer's choice. Though I have most of my collared shirts cut to be worn either way...

1 person likes this.
  6. Carson

Carson Senior member

Let's not re-visit the Welt Wars….

Boston, you make a good point.

Other factors include age and setting. Casual is very often untucked out here.

Munky, blue chinos, red Tricker's and a white shirt would be particularly apropos in the States on July 4th! : )

7. Munky

Munky Senior member

And of course, any day in the UK for the red, white and blue!

1 person likes this.
  8. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, but my search skills appear to be well below par- who does Richard/The Shoe Healer use for international shipments?

9. BostonHedonist

Yes, you'll have to pay duties. [​IMG]

10. cordroto

cordroto Member

You can request parcelforce, which is a division of the Royal mail, or use DHL. I used DHL and did not pay any duties.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Actually he can ship parcel force which means it's highly unlikely you pay duties

12. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Thanks, guys.

Duties aren't the driving concern for my question; I've had nothing but problems with DHL and I'd rather get kicked in the groin than deal with them. My favorite service is still UPS, but Parcelforce is an acceptable alternative.

13. thetapguru

thetapguru Member

If you wear a size 9 Trickers Stow in 4497, can you wear a size 8 Trickers Bourton in 4444?

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I think that would be pushing it.
    I wear a 9.5 in 4497 and 9 in 4444.

15. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Does anyone have experience with the Tricker's x Superdenim chukka boots? I have wide, high-volume feet, so I need all the girth the 4444 provides (especially in fitting 5). I'm eyeing these snuff chukkas, and the description says this model has "a slimmer soul". Not sure what that means, exactly.

16. princealbert

princealbert Well-Known Member

It's a misspelling and should read 'slimmer sole' as they have a single leather sole rather than a double one. The volume in the uppers will not be affected, so they should fit you fine if this is the size you normally take.

17. Carson

Carson Senior member

If the size 9 fits you well, then no. If it's on the large side of acceptable, then maybe. I wear an 8.5/9 in the 4497. I can wear a 9UK with a thin insole and medium weight sock (like a hiking sock) which is fine for a country boot. I take an 8 in the 4444. The 8.5UK, for me, is just right with a thin dress sock.

So, again, like Zippyh says, probably pushing it if the 9UK fits you really well.

Best,

S

18. seasquirrel

seasquirrel Senior member

Ah, of course. That makes sense now. Thanks for the feedback!

19. revrend

revrend Well-Known Member

Robert in dark grey calf with blue Itshide outsole. Seeing them sitting around at a low price for so long eventually broke me down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Love that gray and blue combo. I've been mentally constructing an Eaton boot with that pairing.