Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

nut brown or gold mc ? I'm trying to decide on which color to get. In the STP thread whynot posted some great pics in sunlight of the gold mc, which look great.

Those are nut brown. I just posted a much better picture in Waywt but I'lll post it here too; they look great in natural light.

[​IMG]

2. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

Those look great, Synthese.

How do you guys condition / take care of your Trickers? Any tips to share with me? [​IMG]

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Tricker's in Burnished Coffee. [​IMG]

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

^ Looks great, Mr Moo.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

don't like how close the leather comes when laced

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Those look great, Synthese.

How do you guys condition / take care of your Trickers? Any tips to share with me? [​IMG]

Treat them the same as any leather shoe boot; regular conditioning (lexol is fine if you're in the states), and regular polishing with wax or shoe cream (I tend to use cream about 1 in 4 polishes, but some folks exclusively use one or the other). I use Kiwi or Cherry Blossom wax, others favour Saphir. You could probably use Obernaufs, but traditional wax polishes will build up a nice patina over time.

7. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

Treat them the same as any leather shoe boot; regular conditioning (lexol is fine if you're in the states), and regular polishing with wax or shoe cream (I tend to use cream about 1 in 4 polishes, but some folks exclusively use one or the other). I use Kiwi or Cherry Blossom wax, others favour Saphir. You could probably use Obernaufs, but traditional wax polishes will build up a nice patina over time.
    Thanks, MoK!

These really are going to be my first pair of nice shoes outside of some baller sneaks (college student), so I'm pretty new to this entire thing. I won't be wearing them much - maybe once or twice a month - so will I need to condition them regardless of whether they get use or stay in my closet? How often would you recommend them be conditioned?

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Thanks, MoK!

These really are going to be my first pair of nice shoes outside of some baller sneaks (college student), so I'm pretty new to this entire thing. I won't be wearing them much - maybe once or twice a month - so will I need to condition them regardless of whether they get use or stay in my closet? How often would you recommend them be conditioned?

I condition most of my leather boots and shoes about once a month if they're being worn regularly. If they're not then once every 4 months. It literally takes 2-3 minutes a shoe so I'd rather play it safe. If they've got particularly wet then I condition more often. Keep them away from radiators/heaters/boilers and out of direct sunlight and with minimal attention they'll last well, particularly if you take the effort to build up a few layers of wax when they're new. Some folks wil spend an hour or so on one pair of boots, but I find the little and often approach works for me. There's multiple threads on shoecare on the MC side and you'll get multiple opinions.

9. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I noticed more and more that Commando sole boots are being used for streetwear rather than off road.

How's the durability of the commando soles for regular pavement walking. Do they wear down too fast?

10. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

commando is probably toughest of all

11. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

I condition most of my leather boots and shoes about once a month if they're being worn regularly. If they're not then once every 4 months. It literally takes 2-3 minutes a shoe so I'd rather play it safe. If they've got particularly wet then I condition more often. Keep them away from radiators/heaters/boilers and out of direct sunlight and with minimal attention they'll last well, particularly if you take the effort to build up a few layers of wax when they're new. Some folks wil spend an hour or so on one pair of boots, but I find the little and often approach works for me. There's multiple threads on shoecare on the MC side and you'll get multiple opinions.
    Thank you very much, MoK. [​IMG]

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

+1 - slower wearing than Dainite

13. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

in this little picture the boot looks really sleek/slim and good looking. But on the Shoehearler's website it looks a lot more stubby and chunky.

So which is it?

you can click the pic if it's too small, this image was made on Photoshop to show Richard what I wanted (Scotch grain leather, Dainite sole, ski loops and color) so for the real thing it's all about the pics on Shoehealer site!

14. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

I totally agree!

15. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

Got my MTO Trickers today. Couldn't be more pleased!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]