1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Munky

Munky Senior member

[​IMG]

Iv'e got the red. Now just waiting for the green to be made!

3 people like this.
  2. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

Nothing much to do on a lazy evening so just took a random shot of my one year old orange cordovan. Yep I don't baby them.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Absolutely. They pretty much look the same as new but here is a couple of shots I took this AM.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good for you. Those look really nice.

1 person likes this.
  4. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Shawnc, Glad to hear they are breaking in nicely. I really like the brown orange combination. Nothing worse than a dog staring you down while you change shoes :) Mine would carry the leash and follow me around.

thanks for sharing the update and the pics!

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Always glad to share Duck. I really like the shoe for the limited time I will wear them and a big part of it is the Orange/brown combination.

The funny thing about the dog is that he isn't even mine. My wife has been on me for a couple of years about getting one and ultimately she wore me down (as if there was ever any doubt). About 6 months ago she walks in with this little dog she picked up from the rescue center. She was cradling him like a newborn baby and I went over to pet him and he tried to bite me. Fast forward 6 months and now I'm his best friend. Seems as though he will only sh*t for me. I feel so honored.

6. loanshark

loanshark Senior member

Agreed, let me know if you are able to put a group together. I am interested either way.

7. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

hahahahaha

Classic ......thanks for the laugh. [​IMG]

I think we all have had that honor. the other is two craps during the walk and only 1 bag to pick it. Have a great weekend

8. gr789

gr789 Senior member

Hope you post some pics once they are delivered. Interested to see which sole you chose!

Nice! How's the comipel cordovan holding up for you?

Great pics shawnc, better story!

Trickers black suede (yes, and AE shoe trees)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Munky

Munky Senior member

gr
    The green MtO will have double leather soles, unvarnished, thus 'natural' looking. Very please with the red ones. Very comfortable shoes, with a bit of style!

They are not MTO for me but for the local shoe shop. They will be a bit more bespoke as both the shoe shop and Trickers seem to have run out of this particular shoe, in this particular colour, in my size. So they are making me a pair!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    2 people like this.
  10. thelonius

thelonius Senior member

Has anyone had any experience of Trickers hand welted shoes/boots. They offer HW on RTW models for around £1000 per pair. Any personal experiences ?

11. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Good to know they offer a handwelted option! Are you going through Richard from Shoehealer?

12. thelonius

thelonius Senior member

I've never had any of their HWs before. Previously I supposed that only their bespoke service would use HW, but it's just recently that I understood it would be possible to order a RTW shoe or boot that was HW that I started to consider this option. In other respects, I've always bought the GYW models from the factory in Northampton, or from Herrings or Pediwear.
    Just wondered if anyone on this thread had some experience with their HW models.

13. gr789

gr789 Senior member

I hope someone will eventually chime in on the HW that thelonius asked about. I am curious about them as well.
    In the meantime, some springtime Tricker's. Highland fox and that reddish calfskin (cannot recall the Tricker's name for it).
    [​IMG]

14. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

These are definitely on my list. I probably should pick up a pair of plain black oxfords first, seeing as I'm about to move to London..

15. Munky

Munky Senior member

I'm not so sure, Mr Hedonist. In my, limited, experience, only the most formal of formal jobs require black Oxfords. With all good wishes, Munky.

16. BostonHedonist

We'll that's a relief, Munky! For I do not and shall not have a "job," in the traditional sense. So how does one aquire a pair like you've got on the way?

17. Munky

Munky Senior member

The ones in the photo are based on the Boughton shoe by Trickers. It is MTO for my local, posh, shoe shop. The 'standard' Boughton is made in a range of colours, I think. Sander's also make similar, coloured shoes. I am never sure who makes what and for whom. I reckon that the Sanders and Trickers, bright colour shoes, are possibly made by the same people. It is worth noting that the Sander's are much less expensive than the Tricker's. I am not really sure whether or not the shoes in my photo are Sanders or Trickers...What fun!

One thing you might like to do, once you come to the UK is to take a trip down Jermyn Street in the West End of London and look at shoes by Trickers, Churches, Lobbs, Loakes and so on. The sales staff can be a bit indifferent, but it is worth looking at the shoes, 'in the flesh' rather than buying through the post.

As for the formal, black, Oxford's, unless you are a circuit judge or an undertaker, I would leave them alone. If you are both, then you have to have a pair.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  18. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

i find black oxfords can be quite useful and is a nice changeup to my boots.

19. gr789

gr789 Senior member

Munky,
    I agree with you on the fun factor of Sanders and Tricker's! Here are my Oliver Spencer burgundy shoes by Sanders (next to white suede Tricker's chukka). The construction of my Sanders seems different than my similar Tricker's so I would be surprise if they were made by the same shop. The sole wears differently, the welt stitching has a different quality, no bellows tongue, etc. Certainly I acknowledge that I am a shoe amateur so my observations are only personal opinion!

[​IMG]

20. BostonHedonist

Actually, on my "prospecting" visit to London (a few months ago) I did happen into Church's in the Burlington Arcade, where I found a lovely pair of Custom Grade black single monks. Perhaps those will prove versatile enough in lieu black oxfords.

London is a dangerous place for shoe lovers. Dangerous indeed.

1 person likes this.