1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

1. dranguschu

dranguschu Active Member

Disagreed
    Actually Saphir Reno has stripped off the brown color of my coffee burnished galosh

2. Magnakai

Magnakai Member

Two questions:

1. I tried on a UK size 9 pair of Tricker Maltons using their number 6 last - the wide one. They were definitely too big for me, at least half a size, but maybe a full size. I was thinking of trying the size 8s on the same last. They'll likely be a bit too small, but will they eventually stretch to accommodate my feet? Is this a silly idea?
    2. The ones I can buy have the commando sole, with quite substantial lugs. It's pretty impressive, but I'm going to be wearing them in urban environments 90% of the time. Is this a comfortable option?

3. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior Member

Reno can be lethal to certain finishes. I wouldn't recommend using it as a regular conditioner at all - there's been a fairly extensive discussion on the subject on the shoe care thread on the Classic Menswear forum...

They won't stretch that much. And comfort is subjective but commando soles aren't necessarily an uncomfortable option for walking in.

4. Magnakai

Magnakai Member

So would you suggest making sure that they fit true and comfortably on first wear?

Would a plain or Dainite sole be better for urban wear?

Edit: here's a marked up image with the thoughts on my fit:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

5. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior Member

Yes to your first point, and up to you on your second. There's no 'best' sole option to have as it's down to personal preference but some soles will be better in some conditions than others...

6. Magnakai

Magnakai Member

Thanks for your help, CTBrummie. Definitely worth mulling over.

7. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior Member

That makes sense though I do wonder how warm the boots can be in snowy condition. Perhaps I'm better off getting a pair of dedicated snow boots but I'm rather reluctant to pony up for something that I'll use once in a blue moon.

Are you able to get hold of a pair in UK 9, fitting 5? That might be a better fit for you

8. Magnakai

Magnakai Member

In theory, though I'd have to give up the substantial discount I could have the fitting 6s for. However, a well fitting £400 boot is most useful than a poorly fitting £300 boot.

9. Maxius

Maxius New Member

New to the forum here! Just wanted to thank all you contributors...was looking for some boots for this winter (in the UK) and came upon this forum, ended up setting my sights on getting some Trickers boots with Commando soles after all to positive comments, reviews and good looking photo shots.

Well low and behold I ended up purchasing four pairs of Trickers and couldn't be happier. I just can't get over how well made and comfortable they are, the wideness and thick soles must play a part here. i am truely chuffed to bits. Looks like I have got the bug and this will be a long lasting affair..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

10. Maxius

Maxius New Member

Trickers Cotto Cordovan Two Tone Super Shoe...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Brown Zug/Berry Suede Keswick Brogue...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trickers Espresso Burnished Woodstock Shoe...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Commando Waxy Snuff Stow Brogue Boot...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

11. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

That is a great looking collection! [​IMG]

12. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior Member

Maxius

Welcome to the forum. The shoes look great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Enjoy the shoes! I haven't ventured into Trickers yet but have been eying the Stow on Commando.

Have a great weekend all

DuckOB

13. ErikW

ErikW Senior Member

14. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

15. ErikW

ErikW Senior Member

Good catch! Didn't realize that there was another line.