Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I was shocked when saw the prices on Alden as well when I was in Tokyo on December. Dudes there obviously read the internet...I'm sure they could pick some up from leather sole hawaii for a ton less (unless the collabs are the exact colors that they want). Even with shipping at $60 they'd come out far, far ahead Where is hummingbird hill located? Never stumbled onto it while walking around on any of my trips to tokyo
    I'm sure Japanese tourists make up a huge part of LSH's walk in clientele for that reason. $700 for Trickers Stow and $1100+ for alden cordovan chukkas & brogues is bit much for sure Hummingbird Hill is in Ebisu, it's a shop with a burger cafe connected to it, stocks Alden, Trickers etc. Just slightly south west of the Ebisu JR station. Here's a quick indoor snapshot of the burgundy Stow I got from Leathersoul, actual wearing pic in outdoor light will post tomorrow. Next to it is the Dry Bones "gillie" brogue boot in burgundy. you can see that the Trickers is more brownish with more "yellow" in the color makeup. Whereas the Dry Bones is more of a magenta burgundy with more "blue" in the color. [​IMG]

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Mr. Moo- Those look great, are those from the STP sale? If so, which color?

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I'm sure Japanese tourists make up a huge part of LSH's walk in clientele for that reason. $700 for Trickers Stow and $1100+ for alden cordovan chukkas & brogues is bit much for sure

Hummingbird Hill is in Ebisu, it's a shop with a burger cafe connected to it, stocks Alden, Trickers etc. Just slightly south west of the Ebisu JR station.

Here's a quick indoor snapshot of the burgundy Stow I got from Leathersoul, actual wearing pic in outdoor light will post tomorrow. Next to it is the Dry Bones "gillie" brogue boot in burgundy. you can see that the Trickers is more brownish with more "yellow" in the color makeup. Whereas the Dry Bones is more of a magenta burgundy with more "blue" in the color.

[​IMG]

GS, the burgundy Stows are where it's at! Awesome pair. Great colorway that I can see being very versatile with clothing of all colorwys, including black. Looking forward to the wearing pic. A full shot would be good to get a good feel of the look in a true fit if you could spare the time. That's the one thing I wish posters would do more of, post with full length shot to get an idea of how they look worn with a complete outfit (don't need a face in there obviously).

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

You guys are crazy boots on the right are sick.

5. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

lol moo, see waywt for mine. your epic photography makes them look like completely different shoes. I'm in love already, though. edit, repost: [​IMG]
    nut brown or gold mc ? I'm trying to decide on which color to get. In the STP thread whynot posted some great pics in sunlight of the gold mc, which look great.

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Mine just showed up at work. First impressions are very favorable. I'm a 12 in many tennis shoes, an 11 in Alden Barrie and Trubalance, and I got 10.5 UK and the fit is good. A little high volume (eyelet facings come completely together at bottom) bu the length could not be any shorter or they wouldn't work. Shoe quality is pretty high I think and they came with a cloth divider, shoe bags, extra laces and even shoe polish which I think is a really nice touch and something Alden should take note of. I got the nut brown and the color is exactly what I was looking for. I think it's probably a little more on the tan side of things then the gold mc from pics I have seen. At work so only have my iphone but here is a quick snap.

[​IMG]

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Burgundy Stow from LSH

outdoor light
    [​IMG]

indoor
    [​IMG]

fit pic wearing them today
    [​IMG]

I dont know if I would call the color "Burgundy". compared to a true chocolate brown, yes these are burgundy, but they def lean heavily on the brown end of the color spectrum. More like mahogany than burgundy, which should be a more wine/blue-ish shade. Regardless, it's a very good color but more of a brown in my book.

8. booger

booger Senior member

Those could quite possibly be some of the greatest boots I have ever seen. Must have a pair. I MUST!

9. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Get Smart- Those are awesome, great contrast between the sole and the uppers, love it.

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Burgundy Stow from LSH

outdoor light
    http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9...ickersstow.jpg

indoor
    http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5...ckersstow2.jpg

fit pic wearing them today
    http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5...ckersstow3.jpg

I dont know if I would call the color "Burgundy". compared to a true chocolate brown, yes these are burgundy, but they def lean heavily on the brown end of the color spectrum. More like mahogany than burgundy, which should be a more wine/blue-ish shade. Regardless, it's a very good color but more of a brown in my book.

Simply outstanding, GS. Thanks for posting the pics, really get a good idea how those look put together in a silhouette. I really really like these "burgundy" Stows. Now to rob a bank [​IMG]

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i just received my tricker derby boots in coffee and they are too small.
    i bought a 9 and need a 9.5. is anyone willing to trade?
    If not trade then is anyone interested in buying my pair for the same price i paid (316.20) + shipping.
    pm me

12. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

i just received my trickers derby boots in coffee and they are too small.
    i bought a 9 and need a 9.5. is anyone willing to trade?
    Or is anyone interested in buying my pair for the same price i paid (316.20). pm me

What is your US size?

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

What is your US size?

i bought a uk9 and need a uk 9.5

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

15. aether

aether Senior member

and the picture I sent Richard form my MTO: [​IMG]
    the result is on "shoehealer" site: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...mere_1810.html

in this little picture the boot looks really sleek/slim and good looking. But on the Shoehearler's website it looks a lot more stubby and chunky.

So which is it?